Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Springs For An Is200 - Some Questions

ryansm

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Lexus IS200 for a couple of months now and I am finally starting to get used to it! So its time to do some modding...

I have just bought some new 17" alloys and tyres so want to lower the car a bit because its a bit high. I would love to get a full suspension kit, or coilovers, but I have a wedding coming up next year so there is no way the missus will allow me to spend that sort of money. If I just buy springs I am sure she wont notice!

Anyway whats the the best sort of drop so that the ride and comfort still stays decent. I just want to lower it a bit, I aint looking at slamming it. I dropped my Honda Civic 50mm with Cobra Springs and the ride was pretty bouncy and it was bad over pot holes and bumps. Looked great though!

I was looking at the Apex Springs with a 35mm drop. Good price and they get decent reviews...any thoughts? I would like to get Eibachs however the price is a bit high at £200. The Apex are like £90 cheaper. Also seen V-Maxxx, GMax, Spax etc Just not too sure what to get.

Any advice from users who have fitted any springs would be appreciated

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi & Welcome,

You could go for TTE springs they are about £150 from Lexus dealers (even cheaper with Gold discount) and are a 30mm drop. I think they may be the same spring as the Eibach ones you are talking about but not 100% sure.

I used them and am really pleased with the look and the way the car feels now.

As my IS was so high before the drop I thought the ride would become much more harder but it was not, infact it was pretty much the same. I did notice though it was crashy over bad roads but that I can live with.

I also fitted new KYB OEM replacement shocks with the springs as old one had too many miles on them.

Abbas

Hi & Welcome,

You could go for TTE springs they are about £150 from Lexus dealers (even cheaper with Gold discount) and are a 30mm drop. I think they may be the same spring as the Eibach ones you are talking about but not 100% sure.

I used them and am really pleased with the look and the way the car feels now.

As my IS was so high before the drop I thought the ride would become much more harder but it was not, infact it was pretty much the same. I did notice though it was crashy over bad roads but that I can live with.

I also fitted new KYB OEM replacement shocks with the springs as old one had too many miles on them.

Abbas

Cheers. So would I just phone a Lexus dealer and ask if they can supply that part?

Yeah I could live with it being a bit stiffer over bumpy roads, just dont want the ride to suffer massively by lowering it, or I wouldnt bother.

Will prob need to get some new shocks soon, as car has done about 70k. Where would I get the KYB OEM shocks?

Cheers. So would I just phone a Lexus dealer and ask if they can supply that part?

Yeah I could live with it being a bit stiffer over bumpy roads, just dont want the ride to suffer massively by lowering it, or I wouldnt bother.

Will prob need to get some new shocks soon, as car has done about 70k. Where would I get the KYB OEM shocks?

Yea just call and ask for the TTE lowerings springs.

I know the price is in the opposite direction you are looking for,

but I have known a few people who had the Tokico Illumina,

and they can not complain. That was on the MR2 though.

I am pretty sure they have a set for the IS series Lexus.

If I am not mistaken, the Illumina are 5-way adjustable,

so you could have the best of both worlds...

you get what you pay for.

The TTE/Eibach springs are designed to be used with the stock dampers and the TTE springs are rebranded Eibachs. The KYB Excel-G is the stock damper. This is the setup i am running with uprated ARBs.

If you fit the TTE/Eibach springs to very worn dampers they may let go as it does stress them more than the stock springs.

The TTE/Eibach springs are designed to be used with the stock dampers and the TTE springs are rebranded Eibachs. The KYB Excel-G is the stock damper. This is the setup i am running with uprated ARBs.

If you fit the TTE/Eibach springs to very worn dampers they may let go as it does stress them more than the stock springs.

I had eibach springs fitted to my lexus a year ago. i didnt drop it too much as im running on 19s. ride comfort was noticibly different. I havent changed my shocks though but not sure if i would need to....

• 2 weeks later...

I had eibach springs fitted to my lexus a year ago. i didnt drop it too much as im running on 19s. ride comfort was noticibly different. I havent changed my shocks though but not sure if i would need to....

Hi mate, when you say the ride is noticibly different, what do you mean? I love the ride quality of the Lexus and dont want to ruin it too much. Just wish it wasnt so high!

Thanks for all your other responces - appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, when you say the ride is noticibly different, what do you mean? I love the ride quality of the Lexus and dont want to ruin it too much. Just wish it wasnt so high!

Thanks for all your other responces - appreciated!

Even though my car had 19s when I bought the car the car looked really high like it was on stilts, especially the back wheels. I opted for Eibach springs and wacked them on. I didn't have them dropped to low. There was a big difference in ride comfort and I feel every bump on the road now. It could be because i need to change my shocks but im not too sure tbh. The car does look much better lowered and more responsive handling. I may downgrade my wheels to 18s though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links