Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Girlfriend Is Looking Wants A Mini Cooper From The Late 90s

P.Lindblom

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but at least you probably know more about this than I do :)

It's time for my girlfriend to buy her first car and she's been totally in love with the old Mini for quite a while now. My initial concerns were safety related, but then I realized the old Mini was produced until 2000 and the later models should at least follow the strict safety regulations. Of course I'd rather be in a slightly bigger car in a crash, but is it safe for its size? Also, are they reliable?

We've been searching Autotrader a lot but I'm pretty sure you can't compare the prices to what Minis are worth in Sweden. A decent one from 1997 is about £4500 over here. How much would you say is a decent price for a UK Mini in working condition?

Here she is, Sara. The 599 GTB doesn't really match her mpg demands :whistling:

dsc6627fix.jpg

Kindest regards

Patrik Lindblom

i wonder why you would want one in right hand drive, as a new driver it would be a lot easier if she drove a left hand drive

is there any reason why you cant buy one from Sweden or a euro country

remember when you go to sell it it will be less if its the opposite driving side so any savings made now may well be lost later

i would get one in sweden then it wil be LHD... for prices have a look on autotrader.co.uk for a good idea
i wonder why you would want one in right hand drive, as a new driver it would be a lot easier if she drove a left hand drive

is there any reason why you cant buy one from Sweden or a euro country

remember when you go to sell it it will be less if its the opposite driving side so any savings made now may well be lost later

LHD would be nice, but I just had a feeling they are very expensive compared to the UK ones. Also, it's about the "adventure" of buying a car and driving it through six(?) countries to get home :)

You're right, though, It would be pretty hard to sell an RHD Mini in Sweden. We didn't think of that :blush:

Sara looks lovely by the way :D

i know, i know, i just say what everyone else is thinking :blush:

So do I :D

Damn not satisfied by a 599, she clearly takes some pleasing! :whistling:

As the others have said, prob best to go for LHD as it must be a pain to drive RHD over there, especially with your weather. Safety wise I'd be concerned too, did much actually change throughout its production? I wouldn't think the mini is a very safe car to crash in, so best not to crash!

I would keep searching in UK if price difference is so high. You might get lucky and find a LHD which should be even cheaper here cos nobody wants LHD. There is a later model on eBay as an example of what you might find

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-Left-Hand-Drive...id=p3286.c0.m14

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links