Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uprated Conrods - There Has To Be Someone Out There

Don't want the flakspeed kit as its too much wonga!!!!!!!!!

Are there any uprated conrods available for the 1GFE to work with the original pistons??

Want to turbo my engine up to about 250brake and we all know the the std conrods give up their ghost at anything over 220/230brake. Also I dont wish to go over 250 brake as I will have to uprate the fuel delivery too - maybe in the future when I get bored with the power.

What about the 1G-GTE conrods - where can they be got from?? Part numbers

why use new rods with old pistons.......best to get the correct ones for the application

looking at the parts list, there doesnt seem to be a listing for the conrod on its own

however

Piston ring set 13011-88341

piston and sub assy 13101-88342-03

Don't want the flakspeed kit as its too much wonga!!!!!!!!!

Are there any uprated conrods available for the 1GFE to work with the original pistons??

Want to turbo my engine up to about 250brake and we all know the the std conrods give up their ghost at anything over 220/230brake. Also I dont wish to go over 250 brake as I will have to uprate the fuel delivery too - maybe in the future when I get bored with the power.

What about the 1G-GTE conrods - where can they be got from?? Part numbers

Mine is Turbo and has been running at 0,6 bar 270 hp for a long time now ,also has had close to 150 runs on the dyno being set up correctly , Mr Reads runs 385 on std feul system so why wont yours ?

What about 1G-GTE conrods or even better - complete 1G-GTE shortblock??

Who can supply the short block??

Not sure if this is 100% or not, but try getting your 1G-GTE conrods from Toyota dealer £150 for all 6 ive been told, please check 1st :winky:

whats the part number Gord, as i cant find it on the EPC, not for just the rods anyway

Not sure if this is 100% or not, but try getting your 1G-GTE conrods from Toyota dealer £150 for all 6 ive been told, please check 1st :winky:

whats the part number Gord, as i cant find it on the EPC, not for just the rods anyway

I don't know Mat, all i know is Steve got some from Toyota for engine, i know he would have got at trade price, but on the ring trip Stav was talking about the same rods and getting them for Toyota for about £150 ish :winky: that is a very very good price if its the right price :D

PS, Place in Oldham can get the rods to, Oldham Engines :winky: Don't tell Dave will you :lol:

Mine is Turbo and has been running at 0,6 bar 270 hp for a long time now ,also has had close to 150 runs on the dyno being set up correctly , Mr Reads runs 385 on std feul system so why wont yours ?

That's pretty good going so far then huh :) What management are you using for it? Have you added a thicker Head gasket to lower the compression?

That's pretty good going so far then huh :) What management are you using for it? Have you added a thicker Head gasket to lower the compression?

Completely stock motor stock injectors and currently on Aem management

This is all looking better now. If only we can source the rod part#, all will go according to plan.

Completely stock motor stock injectors and currently on Aem management - brilliant supratruck :D

Gives more hope that 250 brake can be achieved with stock injectors.

Also heard that a tuning place in Horsham can remap the std ECU - not sure if this is true!!!

I don't know Mat, all i know is Steve got some from Toyota for engine, i know he would have got at trade price, but on the ring trip Stav was talking about the same rods and getting them for Toyota for about £150 ish :winky: that is a very very good price if its the right price :D

PS, Place in Oldham can get the rods to, Oldham Engines :winky: Don't tell Dave will you :lol:

As ever you are wrong Gordon

Think £150 is for the one...............

Below is from Thor Racing.....................

Hi Dave,

Toyota Con Rods are £910+VAT (set of 6)

Eagle Rods are £980+VAT (set of 6)

Arrow rods are £1200+VAT (set of 6)

CP Pistons are £800+VAT (set of 6) (1st oversize)

OMEGA Pistons are £900+VAT (set of 6) (1st oversize)

includes all bearings, gudeon pins and piston rings etc.

All for the 1G-FE straight 6 engine from the IS200.

Best Regards

Pete

Mr P.Betts

(Director)

Hi Dave,

Best Regards

Pete

Mr P.Betts

(Director)

As ever Dave. please read what i said :whistling: but im sure Jeffrosie will thank you :winky:

Part number from Toyota:

Rods:

13201-79085 $185 each

Pistons:

13101-88340 $58 each

13103-88340 for 0.5 oversized!

My guy who did my engine had originally said he could sell me some used ones for £150 for all 6 rods. before i went for the full conversion

This is all looking better now. If only we can source the rod part#, all will go according to plan.

Completely stock motor stock injectors and currently on Aem management - brilliant supratruck :D

Gives more hope that 250 brake can be achieved with stock injectors.

Also heard that a tuning place in Horsham can remap the std ECU - not sure if this is true!!!

No You cant re map the std ECU and yes it probably is the only one running on std injectors with that power

Hi Dave,

Best Regards

Pete

Mr P.Betts

(Director)

As ever Dave. please read what i said :whistling: but im sure Jeffrosie will thank you :winky:

If he indeed exists :whistling:

Part number from Toyota:

Rods:

13201-79085 $185 each

Pistons:

13101-88340 $58 each

My guy who did my engine had originally said he could sell me some used ones for £150 for all 6 rods. before i went for the full conversion

Thought thats what you said in Germany, funny that Steve saying the same, will have to ask him next time i see him, im sure it was Oldham engines though :blink:

Part number from Toyota:

Rods:

13201-79085 $185 each

Pistons:

13101-88340 $58 each

Thought thats what you said in Germany, funny that Steve saying the same, will have to ask him next time i see him, im sure it was Oldham engines though :blink:

hang on there Gordon

one minute you are saying all 6 brand new from toyota are £150......ish

then you say 2nd hand ones are from a trader are the ones you heard about and Steve brought ??

make your mind up !

Part number from Toyota:

Rods:

13201-79085 $185 each

Pistons:

13101-88340 $58 each

hang on there Gordon

one minute you are saying all 6 brand new from toyota are £150......ish

then you say 2nd hand ones are from a trader are the ones you heard about and Steve brought ??

make your mind up !

Not said anything about 2nd hand, Stav did :D i also said '' Not sure if this is 100% or not, please check 1st '' i then said i would ask Steve where he got them from, as i thought it might of been Oldham engines, as i know that is the place that repaired Sam's engine :D i now also know Steve has 5 brand new pistons and rods for the said engine 1G-GTE :D

Completely stock motor stock injectors and currently on Aem management

slightly OT, but is there any palce online where we can see the mods you have done to your 1g-fe to put out that sort of power?

Me think this should give much hope to lot's op people lookin for more power, and considering how scarce s/c are nowadays (plus they're all becoming older, and prone to break I guess)

I wouldn't mind a turbo kit on mine, and 250 hp sounds definitely good! :-)