Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kenwood Dnx-5240

Hiya,

Deciding on if I should upgrade my stero unit at the moment. I've got a quote to get a kenwood dnx-5240, without the sat nav, blue tooth and ipod connector, inc fitting for £840.

Has anyone got this model? Is it recommended? ... Link to a site with spec: http://www.satellitenavigation.org.uk/sat-...lite-navigator/

What do you think price wise?

Many thanks. :)

I got a DDX5022 and it is great! The sound improved alot compared to the orginal sport package in the is200.

I got a 80gig 2.5" HD that I run my music and videos from and because of the size of it, it takes 1-2min for the Kenwood to read the HD and start to play. If you have a memory stick with 1GB the delay is much shorter. This is the only thing I find negative but you learn to live with it. It is great not having to change cds! The screen itself is great! Touchscreen is very nice!

Kenwood makes the best stereos in my opinion they are great! I say go for it!

One more thing! Not all HD work with the unit because of the low current output. The stereo can only deliver 500mA if I remember correct but you can have an extra powersource to get around that.

are you saying the 5240 without sat nav etc or was that a mistake??

There is the 5024 @£464 (no Nav)

the 5240 @£622 (Nav no Bluetooth)

and the 5240bt @£699 (nav and Bluetooth)

If its the 5240BT then its not bad. The Facia and the bypass lead are about £35 and you would be looking at £100/£150 in labour, if its the others then prob a bit too much..

PM me of your interetsed in one of these as i may be able to sort you out a deal...