Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Webuyanycar

kam05

Just for a laugh I put my car details to webuyanycar.com. They have offered me £1710 for my car.

My car:

2000/X IS200 (SE), 126k, 1 month MOT, 11 months tax, good bodywork and interior, part service history.

I think I'll pass- my car is worth more than £1710 to me.

Put your car details into webuyanycar.com and see what they offer you. Post your findings in this thread.

The prices there are offering is a trade price. Very simular to "Glasses Guide" prices for trade purchases. I have worked in the car trade as a mechanic/mot tester for 20 years and for the last 5 years a car dealer. The cost of trade cars is very low firstly because the dealer has to make a living secondly he has to sell any car at least "fit for perpose". If theres a major fault on any car he has to sell on, he has to fix it. We all have heard stories of dealers selling car "no warrenty" or "sold as seen". but in truth any car less than 11 years old has to be sold with minimum 3 month warrenty.As a trader (working in the car trade) i have to warrenty my own car as and when i change vehicle. Any car sold by a dealer more than 11 years old has to be "fit for purpose" as does any other goods bought. If you buy a car and then, within a "reasonable" time i can no longer be driven it isnt fit for perpose and has to be repair or replaced by the dealer.

Most second hand car dealers will try to sell you a warrenty when in truth they have to give you one free of charge.

The massive loss on trading your car in is just to cover the dealers back should the car become a "bad egg". i personally dont use any "guide prices". i give a price of what i see the car to be worth minus what i see to be a reasonable profit for me usually 200/500 pound per car. 2k a car seems to be a little excesive. There is a big diffrence in car prices up and down the country. A car i buy from auction in sheffield i could resell at my local auction house in manchester the same week for a profit. the wb site you mention doesnt take this into account and just buys cars at a standard rate.

Theres two sides to every story i recently got offered a ford ka on a 51 plate 53k miles service history. The owner was only asking £400 for it. It needs a clutch (about £60 in parts) but other than that its mint. should resale for £1500/£1800. what was a supose to do check the owner is of sound mind and body or just give her the money??.

There must be lots of people out there selling there cars to this Webuyanycar company their making a profit some how !!

Yep just as i thought. I just had my weekend car valued. Its a 1994 rover coupe turbo. mint condition and i do mean mint tv screens in head rest sat nav fold out screen in front modded slightly (bigger turbo dump valve). they valued it at £220. i could get that for the head unit never mind the car. i run the owners club for these cars in the north west area they sell for 2 k standard. Then again with the mods i have to find someone that wants the mods i have done. Still valued at way less than realistic market value though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links