Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All,

I have an 06 plate 450h with the wing mirrors that automatically dip when you select reverse. I got the car around 7 months ago and all has ben fine, but recently the mirrors are not dipping consistently, ie each time you reverse they move to differing amounts sometimes not at all.

I have tried remomorising position etc, but no difference.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

Hello All,

I have an 06 plate 450h with the wing mirrors that automatically dip when you select reverse. I got the car around 7 months ago and all has ben fine, but recently the mirrors are not dipping consistently, ie each time you reverse they move to differing amounts sometimes not at all.

I have tried remomorising position etc, but no difference.

Anyone else had the same problem ?

I have recently had the same problem. Though it seems to gave gone away after I was forced to completely reprogramme the seat memory. Would be interested to know why it happened and what the solution is. Mine os on an 07 plate

Paul

If the adjustment control is central it won't work, control needs to be left in the right or left position.

:shifty:

wasn't central when it happened to me, also wasn't that it didn't work, but as the OP pointed out, differed in the amount the mirrors travelled and was inconsistent.

P.

It's a fault with the door mirror assembly. I had mine (passenger door) replaced under warranty 2 years ago and the problem has never returned.

Mine was dipping when you popped it in reverse (as it should do) - but wasn't returning every time when you engaged drive. It was very difficult to replicate as 9 times out of ten it would behave correctly.

Lexus Sheffield replaced mine and everythings been fine ever since.

It's a fault with the door mirror assembly. I had mine (passenger door) replaced under warranty 2 years ago and the problem has never returned.

Mine was dipping when you popped it in reverse (as it should do) - but wasn't returning every time when you engaged drive. It was very difficult to replicate as 9 times out of ten it would behave correctly.

So, I'm not going mad! Thanks

So, I'm not going mad! Thanks

Thanks for the response, although ine is not under warranty so will have to se what the replacement costs are (and it afects both sides !!)

You'd better sit down when they give you the estimate for replacement !!

Think mine was somewhere around £485 plus VAT (and maybe even plus fitting) but as I say I didn't care as it was under warranty.

paulmcg....Nope.... You're not going mad, trouble is on mine it was so infrequent it would have been impossible for the dealer to replicate it unless he kept the car for a couple of months !!

The Ed

I have had a similar situation a couple of times.

To Rectify the problem I did the Following.

With engine on and gear in "Park" I fully adjusted the mirrors using the relevant button Up Left Down and Right to their full extent on both sides.

Turn Off engine, Restart and see if all has returned to normal.

Rgds, Tony.

I have had a similar situation a couple of times.

To Rectify the problem I did the Following.

With engine on and gear in "Park" I fully adjusted the mirrors using the relevant button Up Left Down and Right to their full extent on both sides.

Turn Off engine, Restart and see if all has returned to normal.

Rgds, Tony.

Hi my 450h does exactly the same but seems to sometimes suffer on the nearside and then swaps side for a while I thought it was just me !

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Hi my 450h does exactly the same but seems to sometimes suffer on the nearside and then swaps side for a while I thought it was just me !

Tony

Yerp.. Mine was doing this too.. First my passenger side failed.. I reported it to Lexus under warranty.. A day later when my warranty expired, the problem switched over to the other side!!!.. They have since replaced the passenger side and I am currently waiting for the problem to occur again! :)..

Add me to the list

Passenger side dips but returns to a position of it's own choosing. If I reset to my preferred position and memorise it then things seems to be OK for a while. Then it goes again. Thankfully the position of it's own choosing is not far off that of my choosing lol

Malc

I am also not immune to the problem. Driver’s side mirror will not move up or down only inwards and outwards.

Also, one of my Xenon bulbs is gone. Cost to replace is £189 + VAT!

Rather disappointing for troubles to start just after 4 years for a Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the info re faulty mirror assembly. It started happening again last Friday, so I made a detour via Lexus Reading. Long story short, they replaced it under warranty on Tuesday while I drank tee and sat inside the Bentley in the showroom.

Paul

• 1 month later...

I have a GS450h 57 plate and had the driver mirror replaced under warranty at 18 months.You would set and memorize but it would not always dip.

In the morning when opening car door you were hearing the motor self actuate and suggest that it has been bumped and stripped a cog.

As not under warranty i would take off cover abnd have a wee look.