Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whcih Alloys For My Is220d? Any Help Appreciated.

Okay guys and gals. After some advice and assistance.

I'm looking for alloys for my 2007 56 plate IS220D and looking for 18". tyres prob 225/40 x 18.

thinking about these below but after suggestions as i'm unsure about the longevity of the polished lip and dont only want em on in the summer.

http://www.dotz-wheels.co.uk/DOTZ_roadster.htm

car is gunmetal grey so will suit the internal gunmetal

any idea's or suggestions welcome

Thanks

anyone?

My 250 SE-L is Cadoxton Slate, or Smokey Granite Mica, as they call it in the States. I presume this is the colour you're referring to?

I had the Volks 19" Gunmetal alloys with polished rims (see my registry using the link under), but they were a pain to keep looking good, (a) because the 19" rims are prone to damage from potholes and large stones and ( B) because the winter salt gets under the laquer and pits the alloy/corrodes.

volks19x95.jpg

I had them completely refurbed when I decided to colour code them to match the car, and had the rims re-polished and clear coated with a two pack clear coat at the same time. The polished rims showed corrosion again after going through the winter months despite keeping them scrupiously clean.

The wheels are still on the car, but the rims are now painted with chrome paint rather than polished (thanks to Tony and Co. at WIM). So far, so good as I've managed to keep them free of damage and they show no sign of any corrosion under the coating. The chrome paint isn't as bright as the original polished finsh but it's a lot more durable.

Hi tango,

thanks very much for your reply. it was the pic of your car i first saw which set me on that line. can't quite afford the rim's you have though!! lol

yes my car is the same colour as yours. Cadoxton Slate. so now i ponder.........do i go for them or not.

Thanks again very much for the info it was a great help.

Hi tango if you dont mind me asking what size rims have you fitted front and back? I want a set of 19ich rims but not so sure about the right size to fit. Please help me

Here's my set-up. I started with 225/3519 tyres on the front because I had a concern that any bigger would rub the front of the wheel arch liner, but they were really stretched on the 8.5J wheels. After changing to the 235/35/19 tyres on the front I'm pleased to confirm that they look a lot better (unless you like the 'Euro' look) and there's no rub at all with the slightly wider tyres, even on full lock.

I've included the OEM standard fitting options so you can see the difference. The 'r.p.mile' is revolutions of the wheel per mile.

Wheel Make & Model: Volk SF-Winning (Gunmetal)

Wheel Size (diameter and width): 19x8.5 Front - 19x9.5 Rear

Wheel Offset Front:+38..offset extends +13mm to standard/+1mm inner gap

Wheel Offset Rear:+42...offset extends +42mm to standard/-16mm inner gap

Tyre Make and Model: Toyo T1-R

Tyre Size Front: 225/35/19 …diameter 640mm/width 229mm. r.p.mile 824

Tyre Size Rear: 275/30/19 …diameter 650mm/width 270mm. r.p.mile 812

Alternative Front 235/35/19…diameter 648mm/width 242mm. r.p.mile 814

Alternative Rear 285/30/19.…diameter 655mm/width 284mm. r.p.mile 806

Suspension mods: Eibach Pro Kit for IS250 (US spec)

Amount of drop: 1.4" Front, 1" Rear

OEM Standard fitting

17" RWD:

Front: 225/45/17, 17x8 +45mm O/S. dia: 633mm/width 222mm. r.p.mile 834

Rear: 245/45/17, 17x8, +45mm O/S. dia: 651mm/width 244mm. r.p.mile 811

18" RWD :

Front: 225/40/18, 18x8, +45mm

Rear: 255/40/18, 18x8.5, +50mm

okay, i went and did it, bought the dotz roadsters in 18 x 7.5J. tyres at present will be 225/40 x 18 but wondering in future if i can put slightly wider tyres on those rims? any idea's people.

thinking 235/40/18 for the back thats all??

K-Fal, any piccies of yours??

okay, i went and did it, bought the dotz roadsters in 18 x 7.5J. tyres at present will be 225/40 x 18 but wondering in future if i can put slightly wider tyres on those rims? any idea's people.

Is there any reason why you have gone for 7.5" wide all round when the OEM 18" standard is as I posted above?

18" RWD :

Front: Tyres 225/40/18, Wheels 18"x8" wide

Rear: Tyres 255/40/18, Wheels 18"x8.5"

The rear wheel drive model requires a staggered set-up. The only model (USA & Japan) that has the same width wheels and tyres all round is the All Wheel Drive (AWD). As posted the standard 17" has the same width wheel but has different width tyres, but even these have 8" wide rims, not 7.5".

Is there any reason why you have gone for 7.5" wide all round when the OEM 18" standard is as I posted above?

18" RWD :

The rear wheel drive model requires a staggered set-up. The only model (USA & Japan) that has the same width wheels and tyres all round is the All Wheel Drive (AWD). As posted the standard 17" has the same width wheel but has different width tyres, but even these have 8" wide rims, not 7.5".

Tango,

I couldn't get the rims in 8" wide and tried to get them but to no avail.

the wheels/tyres at present on mine are only the standard 16" 195/45 x 16.

That was the only reason if i could have got em they would deffo be on order

18" RWD :

Tango,

I couldn't get the rims in 8" wide and tried to get them but to no avail.

the wheels/tyres at present on mine are only the standard 16" 195/45 x 16.

That was the only reason if i could have got em they would deffo be on order

well after a coupe of days with the new wheels on it definately needs lowering springs...........its like a 4 x 4 at the mo.

going to drop for the H & R springs direct from germany which give a 35mm drop which will be fine i think. will post pics when its done to see what people think

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links