Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Bleed The Cooling System? And Where Is It Located?

Hi all just flushed and refreshed my coolant. desperatly need to no where the bleeding nipple or tap is? as it may need bleeding as it is recomended from the lexus manual. also how do i bleed it? is it the cap that displays H. on the right hand side of the rad at the top?

and when i unscrew that its like a valve type thing which i presume you press down? but im not sure.

also how many of these are there? or do i just need to do the one?

Help! :(

LEAVE THAT VALVE ALONE................ STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!! :winky:

that is the air conditioning valve - if you press it down you will get a face full of refrigerant.

TBH i have never drained the coolant on mine but from reading other post from people who have they parked the car on a sharp hill and ran the engine with the rad cap off.

dont open the rad cap if you have driven there tho.

i have not seen any bled caps on the car so i assume its just a rad cap off design Ormi will know more

LEAVE THAT VALVE ALONE................ STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!! :winky:

that is the air conditioning valve - if you press it down you will get a face full of refrigerant.

TBH i have never drained the coolant on mine but from reading other post from people who have they parked the car on a sharp hill and ran the engine with the rad cap off.

dont open the rad cap if you have driven there tho.

i have not seen any bled caps on the car so i assume its just a rad cap off design Ormi will know more

lol step away! yeah i have left that valve well alone! lol i was parked on a hill as stated and let the engine run with the cap off whilst i was filling the coolant. do u think that would be ok?

So the answer is....park facing UP a steep hill....open rad cap....run engine topping up at same time....?

Did I read something about having the heaters on the front screen going aswell?? This will circulate the coolant through the matrix right? Same method was used with my old fiesta haha

So the answer is....park facing UP a steep hill....open rad cap....run engine topping up at same time....?

Did I read something about having the heaters on the front screen going aswell?? This will circulate the coolant through the matrix right? Same method was used with my old fiesta haha

yip mate thats correct 99% of cars are blead this way peeps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links