Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Imperial/metric Conversion

I imported my car to Cyprus from the UK. Obviously everything is in miles- consumption, distance travelled etc. Can someone tell me if at all possible to switch to metric. At the Lexus dealer they had no clue, however I can't imagine its this difficult or even yet not possible.

I've tried searching through the threads and couldn't find anything pertinent.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this subject must be beyond anyone's knowledge

I imported my car to Cyprus from the UK. Obviously everything is in miles- consumption, distance travelled etc. Can someone tell me if at all possible to switch to metric. At the Lexus dealer they had no clue, however I can't imagine its this difficult or even yet not possible.

Thanx

Thanx

I have a RX400h Executive imported from the US. The previous owner here in Sweden converted the sat-nav to an european one (I have been told it was very expensive). Lexusdealer here replaced the radio to european standard and put in an Ipod Interface in the glove compartment at no extra cost.

But fact is - even though the sat-nav is fully replaced, fuel consumption, distance travelled, temperature etc are still in US miles/gallon. Lexus here say they don´t know why.

Well I´m used to it now, I have learned what Fahrenheit is to Celsius and what the average fuelconsuption 24 US Miles/gallon is. I got it for a very good price and love the car :D

Good Luck

On a standard UK RX400h you can convert the satnav functions to metric as well as the displayed temperature. Ive got my satnav to display metres and kilometres and my temperature display in centigrade. The odometer however seems to be fixed in miles and the fuel consumption in miles per gallon.

On a standard UK RX400h you can convert the satnav functions to metric as well as the displayed temperature. Ive got my satnav to display metres and kilometres and my temperature display in centigrade. The odometer however seems to be fixed in miles and the fuel consumption in miles per gallon.

My satnav now shows distance etc in metric (navigation only) but temperature in Fahrenheit.

Odometer in miles and fuelconsumption in US miles/gallon - that can´t be changed the dealer told me, or rather they had no clue.

Looks like yours is the same as mine except for the temperature? Who fixed that one and how did they do it?

Thanx

Thank you all for your imput. As far as the Nav/sat is concerned I do not use it, since there are no maps for Cyprus :tsktsk:. The temp is in Celsius so no problem there. My concern was with the distance travelled and consumption which seems is not switchable. Seems odd for a car of this caliber since this is the easiest electronic conversion you can get. I'm starting to get used to it since basically I've converted my avarage consumption of 28mpg to l/100km. Totally love the car even with the few shortcomings it has.

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for your imput. As far as the Nav/sat is concerned I do not use it, since there are no maps for Cyprus :tsktsk:. The temp is in Celsius so no problem there. My concern was with the distance travelled and consumption which seems is not switchable. Seems odd for a car of this caliber since this is the easiest electronic conversion you can get. I'm starting to get used to it since basically I've converted my avarage consumption of 28mpg to l/100km. Totally love the car even with the few shortcomings it has.

Hello there.

To change the miles to km you need to convert it with a programmer. Mr. Rasputin ;o) in www.speedofix.com in Canada can do this. OR you need to find a metric car and replace the BODY ECM-ECU, (Electronic Control Unit/Module) Estimated used price app. 150-300 USD, if they have a wreck. Then you have changed the car computer with consumption to km/lit and F to Celsius. Located under the steering wheel, and app same size as the ECU for the engine (located bottom right side, in front of the passenger door.)

The same goes for the speedometer. Canada and Mexico, and EU except UK have metric system. (I've changed my speedometer with a Canadien, and that worked fine.)

There is not any simple way of doing this, with a switch, as far as I know. And no Lexus dealer know anything of this problem or solution of it... ;o)

Since I have a RX300 1999 model of US origin, I'm not sure about the Nav/Sat system, but my guess is it has something to do with the region code. We are 02, and US have 01. To change this you need to flash the BIOS of the DVD player, and make it region free. (Take it out, put it in a PC and find the name of the player, and then find BIOS update on the net.)

After 2003, the Lexus are produced in Canada and Japan. Canada model goes to the American marked.

The US radio is working on odd no., and to convert this you need a new EU radio/crystal, or get a part from New Zealand, witch puts the even (102,2) radiosignals to an odd no(102,3). This is a simple mounting on the radio antenna input on the radio side.

A SIMPLE converting of F is -30:2=C Examp: 78 F-30=48:2=24 Celsius

Hope this can be to any help.

Regards Oyvind, Norway

A simple converting of F is -30:2=C Examp: 78 F-30=48:2=24 Celsius

Hope this can be to any help.

Regards Oyvind, Norway

78F is actually 25.55 C. On the reverse calculation 24 C is actually only 75.2 F

As the figures shown in the car are in C then if you wanted to convert to F for any reason the "formula" for doing so is to multiply the C figure by 1.8 and then add 32.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links