Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Most cars these days have electric mirrors that auto fold in when you turn the ignition off but it seems with Lexus I must press the fold-away button each time - or do I?

Does anyone know if the mirrors can be programmed to fold in automatically when ignition is turned off / fold out again when restarted?

Thanks

Only the facelifted 09 cars can do this, earlier ones don't unfortunately. I'm sure it would be possible to create a timer that would do that (as with the mk1 IS) but not sure if one exists.

As Parthiban said, only the 09 models onwards have this feature where once the door is locked, the mirrors fold away. The models prior to this don't have this feature. I am working on a relay to do exactly that.

As Parthiban said, only the 09 models onwards have this feature where once the door is locked, the mirrors fold away.

Hmm, the mirrors don't "auto fold" on my 2009 220d SE-I. Perhaps this feature is on the SE-L only?

Hmm, the mirrors don't "auto fold" on my 2009 220d SE-I. Perhaps this feature is on the SE-L only?

Not sure, the car I had was an SE-L so I guess it could be........is there an option to switch it on and off when you scroll through the functions available in the little screen above the speedo?

The option is in there (along with the speed limit and stuff), so if it's not there it could be SE-L only.

Just checked.

Auto folding not on facelift SE-I.

where did you check for that info.... when i picked up the 250c the dealer did something that activated the autofold with the locking and unlocking of the door (not sure what exactly but nothing too complicated)

where did you check for that info.... when i picked up the 250c the dealer did something that activated the autofold with the locking and unlocking of the door (not sure what exactly but nothing too complicated)

But you have an SE-L don't you? In any case it's in the little menu screen where you switch on that orange ring around the rev counter and stuff.

Talking about auto folding I was playing around with my mirror controls one day and found a querk on the pre 2009 models that may help others. As the mirror fold is a press on/off switch you can have the mirrors auto unfold when you press the ignition button.

When parking fold your mirrors in as usual

Turn ignition off

Press mirror button again (whilst power is off)

Next time you press the ignition the mirrors will auto unfold.

Now I know its not totally automatic but its half a job and once you get into the routine you never drive off with your mirrors folded, now non of us have done that!

Talking about auto folding I was playing around with my mirror controls one day and found a querk on the pre 2009 models that may help others. As the mirror fold is a press on/off switch you can have the mirrors auto unfold when you press the ignition button.

Good tip for those who haven't figured it out already! :P

I used to do that on my IS200 too before I got the mirror closing module :)