Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A D2r Bulb In A Hb3/hb4 Socket

I found a adapter for fitting D2 bulbs in a H7 socket and was wondering if it was something similar to HB3/HB4.

I want to fit a D2 bulb to make it look more OEM and i guess you all know why.

The police isn't to happy about aftermarket Xenons and occasionally the reroute the traffic to find people with aftermarkets(!).

So i was hoping i could trick the police because the IS 200 LE 2002-> use D2 plugs?

Does anyone here have any pictures of a LE Headlight? And does it use the D2r bulb?

I found a adapter for fitting D2 bulbs in a H7 socket and was wondering if it was something similar to HB3/HB4.

I want to fit a D2 bulb to make it look more OEM and i guess you all know why.

The police isn't to happy about aftermarket Xenons and occasionally the reroute the traffic to find people with aftermarkets(!).

So i was hoping i could trick the police because the IS 200 LE 2002-> use D2 plugs?

Does anyone here have any pictures of a LE Headlight? And does it use the D2r bulb?

IS200 (-02 onwards) HID headlights uses D2R bulbs and the ballasts are fitted underneath the lights.

This is an HID headlight from a 2002 IS200.

7397941.jpg

7397942.jpg

Is that yours? Any chance of getting a picture without the high voltage cover? :D

It's not mine, but I have one exacly the same in the garage. I'll take a picture for you next time I go there. It will probably be on thursday.

Oh and a picture from the back aswell :)

So i can se how the socket looks like

Here you go, mate :) The pictures turned out really blurry. Just let me know if you want closeups of the sockets or something.

dsc0820t.jpg

dsc0822q.jpg

the problem of it being oem or not is not the type of bulb, but the reflector.

even if you plug-in a d2r bulb somehow, that would not make the whole thing more oem or legal because the reflector will remain the same.

so you could even buy a normal hb4 HID kit and use that. you cannot really determine from the outside what type of HID bulb it is.

without swapping the reflector, it won't be oem HID.

the problem of it being oem or not is not the type of bulb, but the reflector.

even if you plug-in a d2r bulb somehow, that would not make the whole thing more oem or legal because the reflector will remain the same.

so you could even buy a normal hb4 HID kit and use that. you cannot really determine from the outside what type of HID bulb it is.

without swapping the reflector, it won't be oem HID.

yeah but the hid kits use amp plugs and they look about 0% oem. don't care about the reflectors just the backside of the headlights =D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links