Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lambda Sensor Failure

Hi there,

Recently I have been diagnosed the lambda sensor failure on the bank 1. Has anybody else changed the lambda sensor before? If so, do you know how much a failed lambda sensor could affect the fuel consumptions? Right now I am getting ~28mpg with A/T on motorway. Is it reasonable?

The other question - if it says lamba sensor (bank 1) failure - should it be the lambda sensor before the catalytic converter or could it also be the one after the converter? Would the ECU diagnose the problem of the latter lambda sensor?

Thanks for you ideas :) I am getting to know my IS200.

Bank 1 is the first three cyclinders so the front cat the rear three are bank2 then you have a third sensor bank 1 sensor 2 in the center pipe after the cat too so you will have to see if its sensor 1 which is berfore the cat (in manifold) of sensor 2 which is in the center pipe

Hope this helps

what is the fault code?

Well, my bad is that I didn't write down the fault code. I am sure it was related to bank 1 - wondering if there are seperate fault codes available for front and back sensors?

Peco84, thanks for the reply. What do you think, could the impendence checking while cold on both of these sensors reavel, which one is faulty?

what is the fault code?

Well, my bad is that I didn't write down the fault code. I am sure it was related to bank 1 - wondering if there are seperate fault codes available for front and back sensors?

Peco84, thanks for the reply. What do you think, could the impendence checking while cold on both of these sensors reavel, which one is faulty?

you will have to get the code it will pin point which sensor is either faulty or reading a abnormal signal like lean or rich mixture.

you will have to get the code it will pin point which sensor is either faulty or reading a abnormal signal like lean or rich mixture.

Update: today my ECU problem went away from the dashboard on its own without ECU resetting or deleting it with code reader. does the error have not to appear in 3 drives in a row to be resetted by the ECU automatically? I have noticed a noticable increase in performance - it seems the car had its revs limited before.

bump or is this the case, citing the workshop manual: If the malfunction does not repaired in 3 consecutive trips, the (CHK ENG) goes off automatically but the DTCs remain recorded in the engine ECU memory.

If I understant ir right, the problem persists, but I the system no longer alerts me?

• 6 years later...

Hello I am looking for is the ending cable from the sensor under the seat replacements;nobody knows where it is; I remove the front passenger's seat should I take and what carpet;

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N910F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk