Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Feel Like Im Being Judged

Dan E

Im 23 years old, with a misses and a baby, but i work hard and long hours so i have treated myself to a nice car, but everytime im/were out in it i feel like people are looking at me thinking where did he steel that from. Do they expect me to be driving round in a saxo vtr with a big fart can on the end, sorry to rant but does anyone else have this...

i used to get this when i first bought the car when i was 19 still do sometimes im 21 now but i just look what there driving and have a giggle most of them have small cars which they paid twice the price i paid to have the luxury

I know what you mean- I was 23 when I got my IS200 (back in 2003).

I just left uni and bought a £13k IS200 with my savings- people thought I was a dealer or something (Young lad+expensive car=dealer). Don't worry about it.

nice to know im not the only one, does get annoying tho because i work 50plus hours on most weeks so its not like i sponge for anything, i run a house and a family so nothing wrong with having somethin nice for ya self is there, and dont worry folks decided to keep the car sport grill coming in new year.

I've always found it weird to hear stories like that as I've never experienced it at all down in London, not with a relatively normal car like an IS200 anyway - I was driving my IS200 brand new when I was 19 and all I ever got was compliments, not thoughts that I must have stolen it..........maybe if I was driving a Porsche on the other hand it might have been a different story :hehe:

Think yourself lucky you don't drive a beemer as everyone would automatically think your an *****.

I thought that its the Audi drivers who are now the *****!

Im 23 years old, with a misses and a baby, but i work hard and long hours so i have treated myself to a nice car, but everytime im/were out in it i feel like people are looking at me thinking where did he steel that from. Do they expect me to be driving round in a saxo vtr with a big fart can on the end, sorry to rant but does anyone else have this...

i know the feeling! some people just cant accept that there are some people out there that work hard and they can afford to treat themselves! i am 19 an after a week of owning my Lex it got all scracthed all over which cost me £500 to fix!

i have been judged by the police on several ocasions aswel! getting a bit bored of it now! lol

In some ways i kind of like those looks!

Im 25 now and had the car since i was 22. You get the jealous types that think oh daddies money etc but thats just jealously as they spent their money on a saxo not a Lexus.

It just makes me feel prouder when i think that i have worked my butt off and can afford to buy nice things and if people think im too young to have a 4 door saloon, well they obviously have never driven one!!

Just enjoy the car mate and let their jealousy be there problem...... :)

Iam glad that iam not the only one who feels like this. Iam 26 and still get these kind of looks, its even worse on the days i cant be arsed to do my hair and wear my baseball cap. My mates just laugh and say it makes me look like a dealer :lol: when its just that iam being lazy.

My mates just laugh and say it makes me look like a dealer

Dealers choice of car round my way seems to be Audi Q7's and Bentley's- years ago it used to be the M3 and Range Rover, but they have moved onto the Q7 and Bentley's.

Probably because your 19 > 23 and driving an old man's car

I know this is true coz I'm an old man and I don't get funny looks :winky:

aye thats true my mates ask if my grandad knows im driving his car.

Ha.. cheeky barstewards.... I'm a grandad (5 times over) and I just upgraded from an IS200 sport to an IS220D... all you young guys don't worry, it is pure jealousy. You worked hard and bought "A Real Car" and not one of them thicko boy racers in their Saxo's,and Puegots and citroens which are cobbled together with nicked parts... LMAO

Be proud and give em da "FINGER".... :winky: :hehe::hehe::lol: :D :lol: :P :)

Col

Ye i bought mine when i was 22, only 23 now mind and the looks and questions i have had off some people are unbelivable...i've been asked do i deal drugs etc etc...i work 2 jobs and bust my hump to save up to buy my IS200 and it's unbelivable the amount of times i've been pulled over by the police questioning me to how i can afford a Lexus...i even get it off my Girlfriends mother (whos a idiot btw) that i act better than people because i drive a Lexus...

Oh and dealschoice of car here is Audi's A3's and TT's....and golfs (such horrible horrible cars !)

iv gotta say i luv the looks lol

im 21 and have always had cars that dont suit my age like my 1st car was a e36 beemer and second was a brand new corsa sport and by the time i was 18 i had an mr2 gti lol plus i used to drive my step dads cars a lot ( 1, 3 ,6 series n a sl55 amg)

so i guess iv been pretty lucky with cars but again at the same time its what all my money went on so i worked my butt off for them

now i have the lex but i work over 70 hours a week running my business so i think i deserve a nice car.. then sum idiot hit it and its now getting resprayed so im driving ma dads merc ( old school merc c200 sport gansgtad out its little face ) wich really does pull in the faces haha

when i hear people saying .. i wonder how he got that i simply smile n say ... " cos i can" might sound cheeky to some folk and look like im trying to be better but in my eyes i am better than them if there going to make stupid comments =)

thats just me =)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links