Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 Gs 430 Se Master Brake Cylinder Failing Problem!

Hello,

My 2001 GS430 SE has developed the dreaded ABS/VSC OFF Christmas Tree Lights on the dash together with a VERY LOUD ABS Warning Buzzer!

(Its also making a noise that sounds like an animals stuck in the engine!)

I understand from the lexus dealer that the ABS Actuator is failing and the quote to fix it is £2780!

I asked for a market valuation from the dealer and they said the car was only worth about £2800!

Clearly it isn't worth the repair but it has sentimental value to me.

From reading these forums it seams to be a known problem with the only solution being a complete Master Brake Cylinder unit.

So I rang round our local breakers but no luck.

I also tried the web based search sites with no luck.

Can anyone suggest any options / help?

Any recommendations of breakers / scrapyards to try ?

Has anybody got a second hand one for sale?

please help...

Hello,

My 2001 GS430 SE has developed the dreaded ABS/VSC OFF Christmas Tree Lights on the dash together with a VERY LOUD ABS Warning Buzzer!

I understand from the lexus dealer that the ABS Actuator is failing and the quote to fix it is £2780!

I asked for a market valuation from the dealer and they said the car was only worth about £2800!

From reading these forums it seams to be a known problem with the only solution being a complete Master Brake Cylinder unit.

please help...

Sorry to hear of this problem on your car. The problem you mention regarding the Master Brake Cylinder affected the Seies 2 GS 300 until the 2001 model facelift which was in November 2000. The unit was replaced by a larger unit which appears to have solved that problem. I have not heard of it affecting the GS 430, although there may well be isolated failures. The ABS Actuator is surely not the same component though?

How long have you owned the car?

Hello,

please help...

Sorry to hear of this problem on your car. The problem you mention regarding the Master Brake Cylinder affected the Seies 2 GS 300 until the 2001 model facelift which was in November 2000. The unit was replaced by a larger unit which appears to have solved that problem. I have not heard of it affecting the GS 430, although there may well be isolated failures. The ABS Actuator is surely not the same component though?

The car has been in the family since 2004. I was LED to believe the ABS actuator is part of the Master Brake Cylinder assembly. Can it be replaced seperately?

Hello,

please help...

The car has been in the family since 2004. I was LED to believe the ABS actuator is part of the Master Brake Cylinder assembly. Can it be replaced seperately?

No it cannot be replaced seperately and they cannot be repaired I went down that road that is why they are so expensive because it includes the ABS unit as well,if you google GS300 brake master cylinder there is a company selling new for £1400.00 what ever you do don't get one from a scrapyard because they were all the same rubbish up to 2002.

Hello,

please help...

No it cannot be replaced seperately and they cannot be repaired I went down that road that is why they are so expensive because it includes the ABS unit as well,if you google GS300 brake master cylinder there is a company selling new for £1400.00 what ever you do don't get one from a scrapyard because they were all the same rubbish up to 2002.

Thanks for the advise. Seams a new one is the only way to go... tried googling...which company is selling new ones for £1400?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links