stuie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Lexus: is200

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

So whats the news on this guys?

Is it a realistic replacement for the sc option?

Any news on power/cost and if its a one off or an off the shelf bolt on option

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Lexus: 3S200 GTE

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

They have currently one IS200 at 328.9 BHP on standard internals - but larger injectors and 1Bar boost and one sitting at 242 with normal injectors.

Both are proving reliable with no problems and 1500 miles + over 55 dyno runs on the 328.9BHP one, this car also has 100,000 miles on the clock!!.

Link to You Tube video of the car in action on the dyno Link

It is going to be a bolt on option and IMHO FAR better option than the supercharger route.
I would post a link to the build thread but that site is blocked on this forum.

#3 stuie

stuie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

any news on cost do you know? thinking base cost bolt on with no internals as yet

#4 Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

You would have to call them on that one!!

SPC: 01403 257257

Have a chat with Phil/Wayne.

#5 Martin_80

Martin_80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Lexus: is200 sport

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

They have currently one IS200 at 328.9 BHP on standard internals - but larger injectors and 1Bar boost and one sitting at 242 with normal injectors.

Both are proving reliable with no problems and 1500 miles + over 55 dyno runs on the 328.9BHP one, this car also has 100,000 miles on the clock!!.

It is going to be a bolt on option and IMHO FAR better option than the supercharger route.

Could you please PM me the link?

Thanks!

#6 fcdkiller

fcdkiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Lexus: is200 turbo

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

hi there i have one of spc turbo kits and all i can say is that its the nuts.
you get so much for your money,if you compare it to the supercharger kit the power diffrance is out of this world.
i think the supercharge ones could just get 220bhp,stage1 turbo kit is 250bhp,and then all you need to do is get the stage2 kit which is bigger injectors and a remap and you are over 300bhp,and this is still on the std engine.
im waiting for my bigger injectors so at the min im on 250bhp but boy dose it make a diffrance the car just comes alive.
mine comes on boost at about 4000k which is nice as you can drive around town and it is still a lexus but then let it rev over 4000k and all hell brakes loose.i get the noise from the screamer pipe and the chatter from the turbo then the dump valve.
as i say the car has come alive by doing this i highly recommend it.

thanks jamie

#7 Bazza

Bazza

The Red Baron

• Management
  • 10,077 posts
  • Lexus: IS 200 kompressor

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

you get so much for your money,if you compare it to the supercharger kit the power diffrance is out of this world.
i think the supercharge ones could just get 220bhp,stage1 turbo kit is 250bhp,and then all you need to do is get the stage2 kit which is bigger injectors and a remap and you are over 300bhp,and this is still on the std engine.
im waiting for my bigger injectors so at the min im on 250bhp but boy dose it make a diffrance the car just comes alive.
mine comes on boost at about 4000k which is nice as you can drive around town and it is still a lexus but then let it rev over 4000k and all hell brakes loose.i get the noise from the screamer pipe and the chatter from the turbo then the dump valve.

thanks jamie

well recommended Jamie

would be very commendable if it wasnt for the fact you work for SPC :whistling:

#8 RoadRash

RoadRash

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Lexus: -------------------

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

Funny suggestion... what about those people who have crushed their 1G-FE engine into pieces after
boosting it up to 0.8-0.9bar?? :whistling:

#9 stuie

stuie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

thanks jamie

Getting so much for your money sounds great but how much money?

someone somewhere must be able to release a price for it even if its just a ball park figure, I know it depends on what you want and what state the car is in but we all know its about 2.5k for a sc to take a standard car to 220ish bhp how much is it for the off the shelf stage 1 kit to take a standard car to 250ish bhp? I cant be that big a secret can it? It really shouldn't be that tricky to estimate how much it costs, no one minds a few quid extra here and there if an extra part or something happens

#10 sparkystav

sparkystav

Outlawed member?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,411 posts
  • Lexus: 2001 IS200 Sport 1ggte Turbo

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Funny suggestion... what about those people who have crushed their 1G-FE engine into pieces after
boosting it up to 0.8-0.9bar?? :whistling:

The current suggestion is that the people who crushed their engine was down to bad mapping.

Getting so much for your money sounds great but how much money?

someone somewhere must be able to release a price for it even if its just a ball park figure, I know it depends on what you want and what state the car is in but we all know its about 2.5k for a sc to take a standard car to 220ish bhp how much is it for the off the shelf stage 1 kit to take a standard car to 250ish bhp? I cant be that big a secret can it? It really shouldn't be that tricky to estimate how much it costs, no one minds a few quid extra here and there if an extra part or something happens

Unfortuantly they are still being very secretive about the price! and wont release it in public

#11 Asi

Asi

Asmat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,560 posts
  • Lexus: IS200 CHARGED.

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

dont see why they bein very secretive about the price.

#12 Yeldarb

Yeldarb

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

LOL at Bazza!!

But the fact remains his car is as he says - the 330 BHP one is even better. Don't believe it just take one out for a drive.

#13 el_gencer

el_gencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

i've always been under the impression that the internals couldn't take too much boost, and that forged pistons and con-rods etc were required if you really wanted to hit 250bhp and above mark safely. am i right in thinking that previous setups didn't have the correct maps ?

4k rpm sounds quiet high for the turbo to kick in. doesn't leave many revs left to play with. personally i'd prefer to boost lower down the rev range and have less top end.

#14 Supratruck

Supratruck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Lexus: Is

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

LOL at Bazza!!

But the fact remains his car is as he says - the 330 BHP one is even better. Don't believe it just take one out for a drive.

Bazza you are welcome to come down with Janey and take our car [ My Car ] , Project 550 out for a run we are going to go to 1.2 bar next week so will see 350

#15 Supratruck

Supratruck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Lexus: Is

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

i've always been under the impression that the internals couldn't take too much boost, and that forged pistons and con-rods etc were required if you really wanted to hit 250bhp and above mark safely. am i right in thinking that previous setups didn't have the correct maps ?

4k rpm sounds quiet high for the turbo to kick in. doesn't leave many revs left to play with. personally i'd prefer to boost lower down the rev range and have less top end.

Correct mapping is a major part , The Turbo starts spooling at around 2300 and is on full boost at 4000 , Trust me you can not go through the gear's quick enough also peak power is well below the red line , So there is no point in reving it to death .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have