Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spc Turbo Kit

They have currently one IS200 at 328.9 BHP on standard internals - but larger injectors and 1Bar boost and one sitting at 242 with normal injectors.

Both are proving reliable with no problems and 1500 miles + over 55 dyno runs on the 328.9BHP one, this car also has 100,000 miles on the clock!!.

Link to You Tube video of the car in action on the dyno Link

It is going to be a bolt on option and IMHO FAR better option than the supercharger route.

I would post a link to the build thread but that site is blocked on this forum.

They have currently one IS200 at 328.9 BHP on standard internals - but larger injectors and 1Bar boost and one sitting at 242 with normal injectors.

Both are proving reliable with no problems and 1500 miles + over 55 dyno runs on the 328.9BHP one, this car also has 100,000 miles on the clock!!.

It is going to be a bolt on option and IMHO FAR better option than the supercharger route.

Could you please PM me the link?

Thanks!

hi there i have one of spc turbo kits and all i can say is that its the nuts.

you get so much for your money,if you compare it to the supercharger kit the power diffrance is out of this world.

i think the supercharge ones could just get 220bhp,stage1 turbo kit is 250bhp,and then all you need to do is get the stage2 kit which is bigger injectors and a remap and you are over 300bhp,and this is still on the std engine.

im waiting for my bigger injectors so at the min im on 250bhp but boy dose it make a diffrance the car just comes alive.

mine comes on boost at about 4000k which is nice as you can drive around town and it is still a lexus but then let it rev over 4000k and all hell brakes loose.i get the noise from the screamer pipe and the chatter from the turbo then the dump valve.

as i say the car has come alive by doing this i highly recommend it.

thanks jamie

you get so much for your money,if you compare it to the supercharger kit the power diffrance is out of this world.

i think the supercharge ones could just get 220bhp,stage1 turbo kit is 250bhp,and then all you need to do is get the stage2 kit which is bigger injectors and a remap and you are over 300bhp,and this is still on the std engine.

im waiting for my bigger injectors so at the min im on 250bhp but boy dose it make a diffrance the car just comes alive.

mine comes on boost at about 4000k which is nice as you can drive around town and it is still a lexus but then let it rev over 4000k and all hell brakes loose.i get the noise from the screamer pipe and the chatter from the turbo then the dump valve.

thanks jamie

well recommended Jamie

would be very commendable if it wasnt for the fact you work for SPC :whistling:

Funny suggestion... what about those people who have crushed their 1G-FE engine into pieces after

boosting it up to 0.8-0.9bar?? :whistling:

thanks jamie

Getting so much for your money sounds great but how much money?

someone somewhere must be able to release a price for it even if its just a ball park figure, I know it depends on what you want and what state the car is in but we all know its about 2.5k for a sc to take a standard car to 220ish bhp how much is it for the off the shelf stage 1 kit to take a standard car to 250ish bhp? I cant be that big a secret can it? It really shouldn't be that tricky to estimate how much it costs, no one minds a few quid extra here and there if an extra part or something happens

Funny suggestion... what about those people who have crushed their 1G-FE engine into pieces after

boosting it up to 0.8-0.9bar?? :whistling:

The current suggestion is that the people who crushed their engine was down to bad mapping.

Getting so much for your money sounds great but how much money?

someone somewhere must be able to release a price for it even if its just a ball park figure, I know it depends on what you want and what state the car is in but we all know its about 2.5k for a sc to take a standard car to 220ish bhp how much is it for the off the shelf stage 1 kit to take a standard car to 250ish bhp? I cant be that big a secret can it? It really shouldn't be that tricky to estimate how much it costs, no one minds a few quid extra here and there if an extra part or something happens

Unfortuantly they are still being very secretive about the price! and wont release it in public

i've always been under the impression that the internals couldn't take too much boost, and that forged pistons and con-rods etc were required if you really wanted to hit 250bhp and above mark safely. am i right in thinking that previous setups didn't have the correct maps ?

4k rpm sounds quiet high for the turbo to kick in. doesn't leave many revs left to play with. personally i'd prefer to boost lower down the rev range and have less top end.

LOL at Bazza!!

But the fact remains his car is as he says - the 330 BHP one is even better. Don't believe it just take one out for a drive.

Bazza you are welcome to come down with Janey and take our car [ My Car ] , Project 550 out for a run we are going to go to 1.2 bar next week so will see 350

i've always been under the impression that the internals couldn't take too much boost, and that forged pistons and con-rods etc were required if you really wanted to hit 250bhp and above mark safely. am i right in thinking that previous setups didn't have the correct maps ?

4k rpm sounds quiet high for the turbo to kick in. doesn't leave many revs left to play with. personally i'd prefer to boost lower down the rev range and have less top end.

Correct mapping is a major part , The Turbo starts spooling at around 2300 and is on full boost at 4000 , Trust me you can not go through the gear's quick enough also peak power is well below the red line , So there is no point in reving it to death .

LOL at Bazza!!

But the fact remains his car is as he says - the 330 BHP one is even better. Don't believe it just take one out for a drive.

Bazza you are welcome to come down with Janey and take our car [ My Car ] , Project 550 out for a run we are going to go to 1.2 bar next week so will see 350

I may take you up on that offer :)

thanks jamie

well recommended Jamie

would be very commendable if it wasnt for the fact you work for SPC :whistling:

I can remember to sbd. ( I think it was Adie) who has blown his engine on his way to JAE2006,

holes in the block due to broken conrods had been the result of 0.9bar of boost.

He has it rebuilt with my custom forged internals and has blown it a second time due to wrong head bolts. :crybaby:

After 2 years I think he was finally able to show us a 380-400BHP dynograph when his car was set up completely.

And doing 50 dyno pulls doesn't say anything, you can do 1000 pulls and it will be fine,

since on the dyno there are far not such straining conditions as on the road, during to weight of car, steep roads,

air resistance and other things.

But if it's fine although then we all are happy to be wrong thinking this engine can't take more than 0,7bar of boost.

So let's put that monster on the Dragstrip, doing 1/4 miles and other races on the track and we will see.

;)

I can remember to sbd. ( I think it was Adie) who has blown his engine on his way to JAE2006,

holes in the block due to broken conrods had been the result of 0.9bar of boost.

He has it rebuilt with my custom forged internals and has blown it a second time due to wrong head bolts. :crybaby:

After 2 years I think he was finally able to show us a 380-400BHP dynograph when his car was set up completely.

And doing 50 dyno pulls doesn't say anything, you can do 1000 pulls and it will be fine,

since on the dyno there are far not such straining conditions as on the road, during to weight of car, steep roads,

But if it's fine although then we all are happy to be wrong thinking this engine can't take more than 0,7bar of boost.

So let's put that monster on the Dragstrip, doing 1/4 miles and other races on the track and we will see.

;)

hi there the 1gfe std engine will take more than 0.9bar spc project 550bhp car is running 1bar @ 330bhp thats been running for 5000 miles also has been bounced off the rev limiter.i think the plan is to get 350bhp probally with about 1.2bar.then i think the boost is going to be turned up till the engine dies.

thanks jamie

just seen this post about this kit.

just wondering why the price isnt being published. surely people need to know the price if they want to purchase a kit?

to be honest im contemplating selling my car in the next year for a more powerfull car. if there was an easy bolt on turbo kit id probably spend the money on it and keep my car for a bit longer!!

so come on guys. give us an idea of what its going to cost us!!

just seen this post about this kit.

just wondering why the price isnt being published. surely people need to know the price if they want to purchase a kit?

to be honest im contemplating selling my car in the next year for a more powerfull car. if there was an easy bolt on turbo kit id probably spend the money on it and keep my car for a bit longer!!

so come on guys. give us an idea of what its going to cost us!!

ring and ask

;)

Yes that is correct it was SPC that finally got the car right around 350 was the final , That turbo is not able to go any futher , Think they have seen pretty much every Turbo IS there and never had a bad one yet also have two of there own

hi there the 1gfe std engine will take more than 0.9bar spc project 550bhp car is running 1bar @ 330bhp thats been running for 5000 miles also has been bounced off the rev limiter.i think the plan is to get 350bhp probally with about 1.2bar.then i think the boost is going to be turned up till the engine dies.

thanks jamie

Yes that is correct it was SPC that finally got the car right around 350 was the final , That turbo is not able to go any futher , Think they have seen pretty much every Turbo IS there and never had a bad one yet also have two of there own

As one of the first few guys in the world who has done a turbo conversion on the IS200,

I can wish you good luck blowing 1.2bar of boost on the stock engine which is running 10:1 compression ratio,

especially when using pump gas.

But when reading your posts I'm wondering if everybody else as like TDI, Prolex and others has done

big mistakes to the setups on their IS200T projects since they couldn't hold 0,9bar of boost, didn't they?

Several people have tried to go for higher boost on stock internals and they all have destroyed their engines.... so I'm wondering,

why there is just one out there which can make it?!? ;)

Sorry for being pessimistic, but this sounds for me like "Yes we know that cars are built for driving, but OURs CAN FLY!" :huh:

I'm absolutely on your side RR. ;)

Trust me, the OEM internals could NEVER-EVER handle/produce that power because:

72860882.jpg

Left = SPC / Right = OEM

Cheers, Luke

I Guess we will video all dyno runs and when it finally breaks we will then no what broke , Trust me we have the man who designed your SPC Rods and Pistons doing a proper Mapping job oh and there wont be any trick photography LOL

Watch the space .