Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Get Rid Of Error1

Hi guys made a quick guide on how to clean the head unit lens (IZZY asked nicely for info) :)

It might remove error1.

Guide can be found here along with instructions on how to replace bulbs in trc panel and a suggestion on where to install grom audio adapter: http://www.klementiner.com/2009/12/08/gett...-head-unit.html

Edit: fixed post

And guide is here as well:

Part 1 – Getting the head unit out of your dash:

img_3478.jpg

First you can start by ejecting your cds. Then use some tape to avoid scratches when you start disassembling the dash.

img_3481.jpg

Use a screwdriver in the middle to bend up the ”place your celly here thingy”. This will make it a lot easier to get it off.

img_3482.jpg

Now get a second screwdriver and pop it off like this.

img_3483.jpg

*pop* There should be some screws here but somehow they where missing. (1) Insert your fingers here and give it a quick and hard pull towards you and it will come off. Now throw the center-console top in the backseat

img_3488.jpg

Now get a good grip under the Heated seat/trc panel. If you can’t do it with one hand try using both. Use tape to avoid scratches! The wires are short so its easy to get scratches when you are trying to unplug the panel.

img_3489.jpg

Now unplug the wires from the trc panel and throw it in the backseat. Unscrew the four bolts that holds the head unit in place. Theres 2 on the top an 2 on the bottom. Tape to avoid scratches when unplugging head unit!!

img_3492.jpg

(1) Unplug the air condition unit first, then unplug the (2)antenna (just pull it out) and finally unplug the the (3)stereo. Hold it as still as possible to avoid scratches!

Part 2 – Cleaning the cd player lens:

img_3496.jpg

(1) Unscrew the two screws and open the cd player.

img_3497.jpg

Damn! No comment! -_-”

img_3500.jpg

5 minutes later… This is what you see when you open the cd player. The lens is hidden nicely under a bunch of metal. Now its time to get back in the car along with your cd player.

img_3498.jpg

Plug the power cable into the cd player and wait until the lens comes out and then unplug the cd player. There it is!

img_3501.jpg

Now make it shine. Isopropyl and a cotton ear bud will do the trick. Please test to see if it reads cds properly before you put it back in the dash

Hi guys made a quick guide on how to clean the head unit lens (IZZY asked nicely for info) :)

Will be posting it here tomorrow when i have time to do it.

In the meanwhile it can be found here: http://www.klementiner.com/2009/12/08/gett...-head-unit.html

hi Solhatt,

when you finished connecting the Grom adapter, where exactly did you stick this? it looks as though there is a fair bit of space behind the stereo - is this the case?

also any recommendations where i can get this Grom adapter.. i would like one ASAP :-)

its up for $59.99 on the grom website which works out to be £36ish quid.. which is not bad but just wondered if anywhere else is cheaper...

thanks

Izzy

In the meanwhile it can be found here: http://www.klementiner.com/2009/12/08/gett...-head-unit.html

hi Solhatt,

when you finished connecting the Grom adapter, where exactly did you stick this? it looks as though there is a fair bit of space behind the stereo - is this the case?

also any recommendations where i can get this Grom adapter.. i would like one ASAP :-)

its up for $59.99 on the grom website which works out to be £36ish quid.. which is not bad but just wondered if anywhere else is cheaper...

thanks

Izzy

Correction its $89.99 (£55) - i was looking at the one for another Lexus model.

hi Solhatt,

thanks

Izzy

You will see where i placed it if you look at the pictures but if it's hard to see i guess i can supply you with another picture :)

And when you are placing it i believe you have to put it on the opposite side as I'm driving a RHD IS 200

hi Solhatt,

thanks

Izzy

You will see where i placed it if you look at the pictures but if it's hard to see i guess i can supply you with another picture :)

And when you are placing it i believe you have to put it on the opposite side as I'm driving a RHD IS 200

great - i also drive on Right hand side..being from the uk.

your pics look as though your car is Left hand drive??

anyway i need a grom adapter...before i can do anything..lol

hi Solhatt,

thanks

Izzy

Haha it should actually be LHD -_- Didn't notice i wrote wrong

hi Solhatt,

thanks

Izzy

Haha it should actually be LHD -_- Didn't notice i wrote wrong

:-)

any ideas where i can get a second hand grom adapter?

OK GUYS,

u dont understand how annoyed i am .. i got all my tools ready and started on removing the whole unit... finally git it done... cleaned the stereo lense.. plugged it back .. tested a cd..and voila.. i STILL get the error 1 code....

GUTTED!!

any suggestions??

Sorry to hear that...

Maybe the lens is broken? Also burning your own cds and use them may not work.

can the lense be replaced? im guessing that will have to be professionally replaced.. as the mechanisms seemed very complicated when i opened it up..

the CD's i used were original. :-S

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links