Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Compressor / Supercharger - Oil Change?!?

Hi guys. Simple question.

I have contacted TTE regarding this question and have heard back two different answers.

My question is: - do you have to change (service) the oil in the TTE compressors/superchargers?

TTE have told me: -

a ) don't touch the oil, no need to service it - the TTE unit has a sealed lifetime factory fill of oil that doesn't need to be changed or require any servicing. (sales team response)

b ) you can use any standard oil specified for gears in the TTE unit, e.g. 75W90 or engine oil for motorcycles (with gearbox and engine sharing one oil sump). Open the bolt, remove the old oil and hold the compressor in your hands, clutch downwards. Then remove the rear cover and fill the the reservoir around the gear up to the housing edge. Reinstall the rear cover with some fresh liquid seal and you have the correct amount of oil in. (technical team response)

What do you guys think? And more importantly, what do you guys do to your TTE units at service time?

My car is going in for a full service at Lexus tomorrow, so if the TTE unit requires a change, I will get them to do it.

Thanks.

Kyle.

The historical thought as that you dont need to touch the charger ever.

But as they're getting older a couple of people have suffered failures (though this was due to the screws on the front coming out), but a service cant hurt.

its not a hard thing to do, so why not.

• 4 months later...