Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would Be An Ideal Upgrade From An Is200

Rez89

http://img187.imageshack.us/i/caryj.jpg/

thats my car currently, i just want to know what most IS200 owners would upgrade to after owning a lexus.

for my next car i am thinking about an audi a4 04Reg+ either a diesel engine or a petrol 1.8T.....??

i love the lexus to bits because its a nice car to drive and looks stunning even if the desgin is 10 years old!

I've had my 04 is200 SE just over four years now and I've been mulling this one over too lately. I'm leaning towards a used A5 as I recently had back to back test drives in both a Sportronic S4 and a Tiptronic A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. While both were amazing and felt like an upgrade, for me the diesel was a much more relaxing car than the over excited S4 - I'd loose my license within 3 months!!

The new chassis platform designed for the A5 is definatley good but the S4 didn't feel just as positive - more like I was taking an over excited pup for a short walk!!

I'm aiming to change late 2010 and will definately be sticking with rwd after the IS. I'm only sorry I didn't get a sport when I had the chance!!

Have you been considering anything else?

How about a 300 with slick autobox ? wink wink

Have thought about that too - putting the cash into fuel instead of car+depreciation, but I like the idea of moving up the years to something a bit more eco friendly!! Reliability has been top notch with the only problem being the infrequent yet common problem of the engine starting on the third turn of the key. I will miss it IF I do get rid of it next year

4wd on the A5 with the 40/60 split was pretty impressive too!

I've had my 04 is200 SE just over four years now and I've been mulling this one over too lately. I'm leaning towards a used A5 as I recently had back to back test drives in both a Sportronic S4 and a Tiptronic A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. While both were amazing and felt like an upgrade, for me the diesel was a much more relaxing car than the over excited S4 - I'd loose my license within 3 months!!

The new chassis platform designed for the A5 is definatley good but the S4 didn't feel just as positive - more like I was taking an over excited pup for a short walk!!

I'm aiming to change late 2010 and will definately be sticking with rwd after the IS. I'm only sorry I didn't get a sport when I had the chance!!

Have you been considering anything else?

i've had my SE for about 4 months! lol and i my friend was asking me what car will i get after the lexus because i change my car every year. The lexus is well equiped and good value for money e.g. half leather trim, heated seats,6 cd changer, sunroof etc.... i am thinking of an audi A4, Bmw convertible 320/325 or maybe a Mercedes C-class sport. if i get an audi or a Merc i will have to spend quite a bit for a decent one that is well equiped like the Lexus.

my ultimate dream car that i could afford in the future is a VW GOLF R32 MK4 but the MK5 looks have got to me a bit now lol. the R32 is one of them cars that i have liked since the age of 14! same with my lexus and now i have it i feel that i am one step closer to my dream car.

the audi A5 is a stunning car! just dont get the a5 in a 2.0tdi because a car like that suits the 3.0tdi, 1.8t, 2.0t engines! IMO

i would always stay Jap,

no offence to the germans they can build a car but the audi's and bmw's i have seen and worked on all look cheap on the inside and that includes the M series. a bog standard comes with nothing and the extras will cost as much as another car

dont get me wrong audi bmw merc all nice cars but cost to much to get the extras i.e leather, climate, sat nav, elec seats thats what puts me off them and if you buy second hand they usually done 130k as most are x company cars.

i would always stay Jap,

no offence to the germans they can build a car but the audi's and bmw's i have seen and worked on all look cheap on the inside and that includes the M series. a bog standard comes with nothing and the extras will cost as much as another car

dont get me wrong audi bmw merc all nice cars but cost to much to get the extras i.e leather, climate, sat nav, elec seats thats what puts me off them and if you buy second hand they usually done 130k as most are x company cars.

i am not going to argue with that because i know its true lol

japaense cars come well equiped and are good value for money B)

Noel nice choice there, my friend has a normal 300c and with some 22" alloys the car looks stunning and with the bently grille!

i dont think japanese cars advertise or talk about fuel conspumtion much because their cars are not that good on fuel. its the germans who mainly boast about MPG.

i wouldnt mind staying japanese but there isnt much of a variety of japanese saloons/cars that appeal to me.

even the tsport mazda 6 comes with everything u could ask for and for fuel consumption nothing comes close to jap cars unless there diesel.

VVTI engine's are one of the most reliable and very fuel efficient. and with the price of fuel soon to rise againt it makes more sense staying in the jap market.

and with the VAT going up again servicing price have to play a part in ur thinking before u upgrading.

Noel, you may want to have a test drive before you set your heart on one...........

True... but the heart wants what the heart wants :blush:

Getting old now and performance cars don't excite me as much anymore, the Diesel engine in the 300C has lots of torque (same engine in the Merc 320cdi)so ain't a slouch but i realise that it won't have great handling but this isn't an issue, I find sporty cars are hard to drive normal so can get you in trouble fairly fast too... time to sit back and enjoy the comfort and not feel compelled to take the bends as fast as possible... :)

@Rez89, ya the 22's look fab but i'd hate the thought of driving over our pot holed roads :(

@Bazza, i like Honda's ... bought an FRV for the wife and it's a great car, but i don't think the Accord estate is much of a looker though :blush:

Thinking of changing too mate...........only car i keep looking at is an a3 quattro at the mo

Just the ticket for the snow......unlike my beloved is200! :duh:

seems to me that few of the current Lexus IS200 owner is leaning more to Audis than the new Lexus IS...... A3 Quattro nice choice! i'd like to get an A3 but it is more expensive than an A4 and that is the only reason i do not want to get one. really nice cars tho. B)

i love the lexus ive only had it since september but i am already looking to my next car. not that there is anything wrong with the IS but thats just the way i am. anyway always said when i finish uni i was going to get a 300C.

IMO bmws, mercs, and audis dont compare to the IS with all the toys it has. i bmw se would probably only come with front and back electrics aha.

anyway its either a 300c or a range rover for me

stay jap and keep away from US cars !!

try the Honda Accord

little talked about, but very well equipped, good engines, and a good pedigree

Seconded- you can get some beautiful Honda Accord models. They\'ve properly nice interiors and don\'t cost the moon either. My uncle just bought one and its a beauty.

Noel, how bout a touring Accord??

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Accord/...rt?channel=CARS

Also gotta say I\'m not real partial to the 220d- I would feel like I\'m just driving a slightly upgraded toyota and they don\'t really stand out from the crowd as much as the IS200...

Corolla

2009%20Toyota%20Corolla%20S.jpg

Avensis

new-toyota-avensis-3.jpg

220d

lexusis220d.jpg

Are Toyota intentionally trying to narrow the gap between their standard cars and their Lexus range? They certainly are getting similar looking...

Apologies in advance if I offend anyone! Just my opinion, nothing more

The New IS does look a bit like the new avensis but with a much higher price tag IMO

i dont think there is any other lexus out there at the moment which i like.

@ Morriss200 - nice choice there, if i was going to get a range it would have to be a SPORT, i have liked them since they came out an i am not bothered if it will break lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links