Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Question - What Make Of Spark Plugs To Choose?

flyeris

Hi there,

It is a pretty short question - what are your recommendations or what kind of spark plugs have you got in your car. Also, what is the best place to look for them? eBay? I found that I can find 6 spark plugs way cheaper in the UK with shipping to Lithuania than here locally (like 50 compared to 75quid).

Thanks,

Jonas

I also went for the Denso iridium IK20 - 6 pack cost just under £50 delivered from Opie Oils (uk based)

Link http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-3929-denso-iri...tm_content=3929

If i remember correctly these have a shorter life and need to be changed every 30k compared to the usual 60k.

The plus side is you have improved engine performance.

NGK Iridiums for me i get the for about £38 from my local supplier. Put them in and forget about them,should be good for 60,000 miles. My lexus has 147,000 on the clock now dont think i will have the car at 200,000 lol

i use toyota irridium plugs the ones that are ment to be in the car retail at approx £11 pound a plug staff get them for approx £4.50-£5.00 a plug just shows how much profit the garage makes on parts......oh and they still make a profit when we buy them for a fiver....!!!!

i use toyota irridium plugs the ones that are ment to be in the car retail at approx £11 pound a plug staff get them for approx £4.50-£5.00 a plug just shows how much profit the garage makes on parts......oh and they still make a profit when we buy them for a fiver....!!!!

Can I ask why you say that? The IS200 owners handbook says either Denso or NGK iridium plugs can be fitted

I bought my NGK Iridium spark plugs from HERE and haven't had any problems with them. They are NGK IFR6T11 type, the ones that are good for 60k miles

They charge £9.95 to send to Lithuania which makes a total of £45.95 which I think is pretty good.

These are probably the ones, which I will go for - just I have found these sold by other cheaper even cheaper (40 quid in total with shipping!) - asked the seller - it is the same model spark plugs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I bought my NGK Iridium spark plugs from HERE and haven't had any problems with them. They are NGK IFR6T11 type, the ones that are good for 60k miles

They charge £9.95 to send to Lithuania which makes a total of £45.95 which I think is pretty good.

These are probably the ones, which I will go for - just I have found these sold by other cheaper even cheaper (40 quid in total with shipping!) - asked the seller - it is the same model spark plugs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

That's a good price, doubt you'll get them much cheaper anywhere else to be honest

EDIT: flyeris, you might want to check out that sellers f/back... he has a lot of negatives

Get Denso - IK20 or NGK - BKR6EIX11. These are the performance iridium plugs from both manufacturers to suit the 1GFE. They should be good for 38K. The laser iridium are a long life (62K) version. They're not as performance orientated but should still be better than Platinum.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links