Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Not Like About Your Is200?

IZZZY

guys,

most of us always talking of what we love in our cars.. but i want to know from all.. what they do NOT like in their IS200's and possibly what coudl be improved..

to start it off... i think the is200 should have had auto close windows... and the gearbox could have been much smoother (for me changing to 2nd and 3rd is not smooth)

carry on fella's......

:winky:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the rear heated seat. going for 300 bhp so thats not a problem. want the cruise control and arm rests but what it needs is a little bit more room in the back. just a few more inches would have been great

Ah...i forgot that one, Armrest!

How did u go about rear heated seats mate??

got hold of a couple of heated seat sets from work and all the tools to fix the seats with and removed the leather and placed them in then just put them back. removed the snow/tcr button to the space you have for coins near the light washer switch and got hold of a heated seat switch from a toyota and wired it all in

SDC10730-1.jpg

here you can see all 3 heated seat buttons

got the rear heated seat. going for 300 bhp so thats not a problem. want the cruise control and arm rests but what it needs is a little bit more room in the back. just a few more inches would have been great

Ah...i forgot that one, Armrest!

How did u go about rear heated seats mate??

i have the armrest aswell. rest and washers both fitted as standard

250 - 300 brake with a slightly higher rev limit - about 7500

4 pot front brakes, 2 pot rear brakes - discs are a good size

Front seats could be more bucket like - recaros style

Front heated windscreen

Auto close windows and Sunroof

Auto retract mirrors when alarm armed and viceversa

Rear Wiper

Slight burble on std exhaust system

i made it... posted a how to yesterday

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=64391

took about five hours total

have a lot of these heated seats sets because most toyota's the cheap models dont have them and in sweden you really do need them. still got 2 sets at work...

here is my photo album if anybody wants to look at the cars / project going on

http://s915.photobucket.com/home/jay_russell_71/index

Torque! ... fell in love with the IS200 when it first came out and 5 years ago when i could finally afford to get one i was very disappointed with the lack of go from a 2Lt ... bought an Altezza RS200 because of this reason, but you still have to rev the ***** off it... :(

I still love my lex to death but I would have liked some radio controls on the steering and some paddle shifters. rear wiper for sure and a version that came with the 2JZ-GTE engine with a manual option out the the showcase. It would be like the daddy of the IS-F.

Now that car would have been worthy of the title IS300 "Sport" :whistling:

but then again, Supra sales may have hit rock bottom because of it :tomato: :winky:

Reliable stereo would be nice, as would rear wiper about 50 more bhp and 4 wheel drive would be real nice.

The rear wiper and the 4 wheel drive is asking too much i guess and 50bhp with out loads of expence isnt really do able.

Induction kit and exhaust most of you pay in excess of 1/4 of the cost of the car for these upgrades. Not for me.

A pal of mine owns an aristo and is currently spending in excess of £2000 on a bigger single turbo and bigger lift cams. This seems crazy when he got the car for £1000.

My question would be how much is too much when modding your car to get the bits you wanted on it in the first place???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links