Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Install's

Im considering changing from a single 15" sub to a pair of 12" subs,one each side, as i just cant seem to get the bass through into the car like i want it due to having a solid sheet of steel behind the rear seats. Im using the same sub and enclosure that i have used in the past 3 cars i have owned and in all the others the bass was awesome but not in the lexus. What do you lot have in yours? Maybe upload a photo? It'd be good to see how many different installs there are out there in the is200.

• 3 weeks later...
Im considering changing from a single 15" sub to a pair of 12" subs,one each side, as i just cant seem to get the bass through into the car like i want it due to having a solid sheet of steel behind the rear seats. Im using the same sub and enclosure that i have used in the past 3 cars i have owned and in all the others the bass was awesome but not in the lexus. What do you lot have in yours? Maybe upload a photo? It'd be good to see how many different installs there are out there in the is200.
Theres a guy on here somewhere with a killer looking sub install with the sub fitted where yhe ski bag hole is so when the rear armrest is down bass is killer,when its up sub is stealthy-i will go that way myself-i shall try and find pics or links and put them here if i can-there you go-if only i can remember whose car this was in ??????????? maybe someone else knows

post-32141-1265929685.jpg

Thanks asi-he seems a very clever guy-that sub install is so nice-im going to get in touch with him soon when i do something similar for a few tips-you must keep most of the boot space i think-which for a family guy like me is essential-have to wait till cambelt and full service done and a trip to wim (priorities you know) thanks again asi,by the way do you know where i can find the switch for autoclose mirrors switch mod ? all the threads on here the eBay links have gone out of date ?

Oooh now that looks nice :winky: . Do you know what kind of enclosure holds that sub ie: ported/sealed/what size/shape? A lot of questions i know but i want to change mine and obviously the IS200 boot isnt the easiest to let bass through into the car lol :lol:. I might try turning my enclosure round to face into the hatch and see if that makes much difference untill i can sort a new setup.

ive got 2 auto acoustic lexus sub boxes. left and right. they are made for the IS and fit in the 2 openings behind the wheel arches.

i dont know if you can still buy them. i think you can but i bought mine second hand from members on here. think i paid £100 each box.

its not the most earth shattering bass but it does the job for me. and i usually like lots of bass...

Oooh now that looks nice :winky: . Do you know what kind of enclosure holds that sub ie: ported/sealed/what size/shape? A lot of questions i know but i want to change mine and obviously the IS200 boot isnt the easiest to let bass through into the car lol :lol:. I might try turning my enclosure round to face into the hatch and see if that makes much difference untill i can sort a new setup.

Hi the clever guy and his gorgeous car can be found if you search for P.lindblom ,im sorry i dont know how to do a linky but he comes up ok on a search-he kinda goes through everything ,dimensions etc pretty thoroughly in his thread-WARNING you will want his car

OK 1st remove the ski hatch, then remove the 6*9's and hey presto killer bass. Simple.

Sealed boxed are for a more accurate bass tone, where as ported/bandpass are for SPL.

My 12" singe 400RMS Diamond audio sub is in a 2CuFt box and is extremely loud - the bass can move the rear view mirror on 3/4 volume so plenty for the average person. If you want to see a killer install then contact REDZ his is so much more than Patrick's install it is simply amazing.

when i was lookking for a new lexus i came across a car that had the sub behind the rear arm rest however whoever did it might need to go back and have another go it wasnt to bad but ive seen better installs

there is a simple formula which yeldard mentioned. 6x9's are not needed and ruin the soundstage unless you are going for a proper 5.1 surround system with appropriate decoder..

the box/install depends on what kind of sound you want. to put it simply, more bass you want the less boot space you will have..

i have found that putting a sub up behind the the skihatch results in a loss of low end and a strangled sound..

there is a simple formula which yeldard mentioned. 6x9's are not needed and ruin the soundstage unless you are going for a proper 5.1 surround system with appropriate decoder..

the box/install depends on what kind of sound you want. to put it simply, more bass you want the less boot space you will have..

i have found that putting a sub up behind the the skihatch results in a loss of low end and a strangled sound..

So where would you suggest then if not behind the hatch? on the side of the boot facing the other side? Or facing the rear of the boot so as to fill the boot with bass that way? Ive never had a problem with bass before but with the lexus having a sheet of steel behind the rear seat then this is creating a slight problem. What would you suggest as a sub size, 10" 12" 15" 18".....

as i said, all depends on how much boot you can lose..

i use 2 12s as they give a good balance between fast punchy bass and low end.. i had the box specifically designed for the car and thesubs are pointed upwards toward the shelf, pretty much where the 6x9s would be.. I think this gives the best balance of SQ and bass

i have done a few other IS's with subs pointing to the rear and on the side.. it depends a lot on space, the subs, available power(rms),the box, power supply..

what sub, amp, box, HU, power supply are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

as i said, all depends on how much boot you can lose..

i use 2 12s as they give a good balance between fast punchy bass and low end.. i had the box specifically designed for the car and thesubs are pointed upwards toward the shelf, pretty much where the 6x9s would be.. I think this gives the best balance of SQ and bass

i have done a few other IS's with subs pointing to the rear and on the side.. it depends a lot on space, the subs, available power(rms),the box, power supply..

what sub, amp, box, HU, power supply are you using?

Ive got a sony 55w x4 mp3 player up front (single disc) with sub out, 800w amp and 600w 15" sub in a sealed box. I know the setup is good as ive had it in my other cars but none of them had the solid wall behind the rear seats. Had an E36 bmw which was pretty solid at the back end but not quite as much as the lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links