Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Mk2 Dash/dsiplay/instruments Odometer - Should Be In Miles ?

Long story, cars gone but stupid dash just arrived ( with one of the brackets at the top snapped thanks to bubble wrap only packaging ), but the mechanical Odometer on the bottom left of it is in KM's, surely for a UK car it should be Miles ???? And I asked for a Mk2 1993 unit, but on my old LS400 it didn't have the mechanical odometer reading visible. Does all the LS400 displays have the mechanical odometer, but just hidden behind the facia ?

Anyone got any thoughts ? As this is going through a paypal claim.

Anyone want an instrument binical for cheap lol ? According to the fleabay seller it lights up as it should, no flickers etc. But for anyone ( like I was ) wanting to take theirs out to solder new resistors in, this can be a spare to fill the gap for a time.

Cheers !

Grand, thats what I thought. So next question is, should the ODO be in miles ( as are the US displays ) so I can confirm the item is not as described. Its hard to see the dials without power but the speedo seems to go up to 180, which puts it higher than the 160 on typical UK spec LS's ? Does anyone know ?

Thanks a lot for the confirmation ROYT , much appreciated.

Grand, thats what I thought. So next question is, should the ODO be in miles ( as are the US displays ) so I can confirm the item is not as described. Its hard to see the dials without power but the speedo seems to go up to 180, which puts it higher than the 160 on typical UK spec LS's ? Does anyone know ?

Thanks a lot for the confirmation ROYT , much appreciated.

Hi Tim seems like you have a mark 1 celsior (japan) dash, odo should be in miles, I would send it back & get a refund.

Ta Mark