Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Brighton- Any One Used Them

Hi all,my is200 is due a cambelt and although i can get it done cheaper elsewhere as i was in lexus brighton enquiring as to cost and availability of genuine parts i was offered a special offer theyre running at £299 inc vat to do the cambelt.

The belt itself they charge £29.70 for so the labour is quite considerable but i am considering having it done here for peace of mind.

However the guy then said that this cost did not include the cost of the idler and roller which could need fitting as well-i presume they would need to be as the car is on 90,000 miles and i cannot find evidence of a belt change anywhere so it is likely to be original and very long overdue,they add £112 inc vat for idler and roller.

I am quite happy to spend five or six hundred pounds on the car as it is in beautiful condition and i got it cheap due to a short mot which it flew through and its need for a cambelt but i am just wondering if anyone has used lexus brighton before as i do not want them to escalate costs once they have the car.

Thanks if anyone can tell me if they have used them at all

I think they are conning you a bit by saying 299 pound is a special offer. I think Lexus always recommend that you have the idler and tensioner changed at the same time as the belt. When I had mine done a couple of years ago I was quoted around the 400 pound mark. So their quote of 299 plus the 112 would be about normal.

Dave.

I think they are conning you a bit by saying 299 pound is a special offer. I think Lexus always recommend that you have the idler and tensioner changed at the same time as the belt. When I had mine done a couple of years ago I was quoted around the 400 pound mark. So their quote of 299 plus the 112 would be about normal.

Dave.

yeah i was thinkin that-especially as they charge £29.70 for the belt on its own,they allow 3 hours labour 4 the job so its £90 an hour-i think that must include changing the rollers timewise-thanks 4 that

classic marketing......

don't. I am sure the work will be 1st class, but you paying a normal price anyway. there is no difference you do it now or 1/2 year later.

he he he he

ind some time is as good as, and half the price. at ind: the parts £80 (from the dealer) + £125. at my local ind, someone worked at Lex for 10 years. same atctully better service.

Whether you get Lexus or a indy to do the cambelt change, its worth replacing the idler and tensioner, not just the cambelt.

I was quoted £550 by Lexus Leeds in 2007 for the cambelt, idler and tensioner change.

Yeah thanks guys,problem is the waterpump looks original and you cant really strip down that far and not replace that while youre there-the other belts may as well be renewed and lexus quoted fluids on the £299 part-id like spark plugs and an oil change and autobox fluids changed in an ideal world so i can sit back for a year and not even think about doing anything with the car as i dont have time to spend on the car this year.

btw it cost me £2400 to insure as im 42 and have a rather chequered past for motoring but from what i can work out in gonna need to spend about a grand in lexus to get everything done-im gonna go haggle em later and look into a nearly new one maybe,ive only got £11-12k to spend though so i dont know what i can get.

Im keen to use lexus as ive had two cambelts snap/jump before on other makes,one because i didnt know it was due and one after being changed by in independant(highly reccomended) garage-devils ,both cases were terminal and its nigh on impossible gettin an indy to stump up for a satisfactory replacement engine.

I might get lexus to do the cambelt ,rollers and waterpump and an indy to do the rest im thinking

thanks for the input

Hi all,my is200 is due a cambelt and although i can get it done cheaper elsewhere as i was in lexus brighton enquiring as to cost and availability of genuine parts i was offered a special offer theyre running at £299 inc vat to do the cambelt.

The belt itself they charge £29.70 for so the labour is quite considerable but i am considering having it done here for peace of mind.

However the guy then said that this cost did not include the cost of the idler and roller which could need fitting as well-i presume they would need to be as the car is on 90,000 miles and i cannot find evidence of a belt change anywhere so it is likely to be original and very long overdue,they add £112 inc vat for idler and roller.

I am quite happy to spend five or six hundred pounds on the car as it is in beautiful condition and i got it cheap due to a short mot which it flew through and its need for a cambelt but i am just wondering if anyone has used lexus brighton before as i do not want them to escalate costs once they have the car.

The total price including tensioner & idler which should be changed too for real peace of mind, seems normal enough - but you should also think about a new water-pump while you are at it because they are inclined to start to dribble at the age of your car and will probably need to be replaced soon. It will of course add to the cost, but will be cheaper to change at the same time as the cambelt than separately later. Aside from servicing, tyres etc, and with a little bit of luck, that will probably be all you ever need to spend on the car.

The total price including tensioner & idler which should be changed too for real peace of mind, seems normal enough - but you should also think about a new water-pump while you are at it because they are inclined to start to dribble at the age of your car and will probably need to be replaced soon. It will of course add to the cost, but will be cheaper to change at the same time as the cambelt than separately later. Aside from servicing, tyres etc, and with a little bit of luck, that will probably be all you ever need to spend on the car.

Great minds think alike,yeah i will do waterpump too-its a false economy not to-thanks

Great minds think alike,yeah i will do waterpump too-its a false economy not to-thanks

Ipurchased my is200 se auto from Lexus brighton a few years ago had servicing carried out by them always polite effecient,i definitley only trusted them at the time to do the cambelt+ it was 3 years ago but i assume their technicians are fully up to the job still paid around £500-550 so doesnt seem a bad deal .

Thanks for all your comments; my mate is reccomending an indy he uses to do all his work on a WR1 so he should be up to the job,hes quoted me £280 labour inc supplying pattern qh waterpump inc VAT to do cambelt and tensioners(im supplying from lexus) fit waterpump and major service.

Perhaps if ormi or someone knowledgeable could let me know if ive missed anything from my wish list-

Major service :-

Coolant change-toyota

Spark plugs-iridium

Engine oil & filter-synthetic

Transmission fluid-toyota

Pollen filter

fuel filter ?

Auxilliary belt/s

Air filter

I take the car there tomorrow for a chat but if hell do all the above and fit a waterpump,cambelt and rollers it sounds good to me !

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO ADD TO THAT LIST ?

all comments appreciated