Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Longlife Exhaust

Just had a longlife exhaust fitted yesterday and well thought i better comment on it!!!! really pleased with it.

I thought Lexus cars have stainless steel exhausts fitted so aren't they long life anyway or am I missing the point?

The exhaust system on the IS200 is made out of mild steel I have been told.

Maybe they aren't fitting them now but it says stainless steel HERE for the IS200. So assuming it is stainless steel again I ask what's the point of spending money on a long life exhaust system?

The exhaust system on the IS200 is made out of mild steel I have been told.

Maybe they aren't fitting them now but it says stainless steel HERE for the IS200. So assuming it is stainless steel again I ask what's the point of spending money on a long life exhaust system?

He's right y'know!

2.0 litre engine

VVT-i – Variable Valve Timing – intelligent (electronically controlled)

ETCS-i – Electronic Throttle Control System – intelligent: advanced computerised engine management system

6-speed manual transmission or 4-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT-i) with intelligent computer control

AI shift system (automatic)

Dual stainless steel exhaust system with catalytic converters

Cylinders/valves in line 6/24

Capacity 1988 cc

Compression ratio 10.0:1

Stroke/bore 75.0 x 75.0 mm

Maximum output 153 bhp (114 kW) @ 6200 rpm

Maximum torque 144 lb/ft (195 Nm) @ 4600 rpm

It would be interesting to phone this crowd and see why they need to fit a stainless steel exhaust to a car that has one as standard... It's not a performance system.

i thought if any of you lot were located in my area then as a fellow member would look after you on an exhaust system, sorry if tht isnt acceptable by your standards

the lexus comes with a mild steel system, therefore a stainless steel system that is garanteed for life, gives a performance increase and you can choose what sound you want may be of some use to you all!

the lexus comes with a mild steel system, therefore a stainless steel system that is garanteed for life, gives a performance increase and you can choose what sound you want may be of some use to you all!

Sorry but I still think you are wrong - if you look at the IS200 specs it def says stainless steel exhaust system as shown in the post by Lance above.

Sorry but I still think you are wrong - if you look at the IS200 specs it def says stainless steel exhaust system as shown in the post by Lance above.

i think atce is right,but its possible the guy punting ss exhausts has bought a lex that has been maintained on the cheap and had a mild steel exhaust pattern part put on it at some stage by someone who couldnt afford the proper thing-so he could of taken a mild steel one off

The very fact you do not know the difference between mild steel and stainless steel makes be doubt your abilities very much. Basically you have obtained a franchise, you know nothing about exhaust systems apart from what is on the Longlife Brochure.

The very fact you do not know the difference between mild steel and stainless steel makes be doubt your abilities very much. Basically you have obtained a franchise, you know nothing about exhaust systems apart from what is on the Longlife Brochure.

Have we Exhausted all the possible scenarios on this thread?

How about a picture of the New Stainless system?

The claim that a performance increase is also suspect - when the best manufacturers of performance exhausts can only squeeze 2 to 5 BHP more and the likes of Janspeed have been proven to loose you power (I had one and you loose 2BHP with one fitted) Powerflow have also in the past (on other cars) lost their owners BHP- I would like to see proof that this system gains performance.

The claim that a performance increase is also suspect - when the best manufacturers of performance exhausts can only squeeze 2 to 5 BHP more and the likes of Janspeed have been proven to loose you power (I had one and you loose 2BHP with one fitted) Powerflow have also in the past (on other cars) lost their owners BHP- I would like to see proof that this system gains performance.

LOL,especially as a ss exhaust must weigh more than the "mild steel" version

what grade stainless steel comes on a lexus as standard then? because i bet it isnt t304 and no my lex has been maintained with a full lexus service history, which i am continuing!!!!

tip: to tell the difference between stainless steel and stainless steel t304 grade: t304 is not magnetic where as less grades are!

ok so i cant garantee its given more performance however it is more responsive and sounds nice which hey does it for me. the fact that i will never have to pay to replace that cat back system becuause it is garuanteed for life and future owners wont have to pay to have it replaced, truely is lifetime warantee. at the end of the day i didnt want this to turn to an argument or a slaggin match of my knowledge!

at the end of the day i was putting a post to say what i had done was good and i was happy with but if thats not your cup of tea then fine....

what grade stainless steel comes on a lexus as standard then? because i bet it isnt t304 and no my lex has been maintained with a full lexus service history, which i am continuing!!!!

tip: to tell the difference between stainless steel and stainless steel t304 grade: t304 is not magnetic where as less grades are!

ok so i cant garantee its given more performance however it is more responsive and sounds nice which hey does it for me. the fact that i will never have to pay to replace that cat back system becuause it is garuanteed for life and future owners wont have to pay to have it replaced, truely is lifetime warantee. at the end of the day i didnt want this to turn to an argument or a slaggin match of my knowledge!

at the end of the day i was putting a post to say what i had done was good and i was happy with but if thats not your cup of tea then fine....

It's really not your day is it.

First of all, you have a financial interest in this as you are a franchisee for Longlife Exhausts, you to say you were just posting to say how happy you are about your company fitting an exhaust to your own car would not be considered tantamount to the full story.

If I were a customer and you sold and fitted me one of your systems on the benefits of stainless steel, then I were to find out here that my OE system was stainless, what would you say to me?

"Longlife should be your first and only port of call when you want to get the maximum power from your car by upgrading or replacing your existing exhaust system."

From the Longlife Website. You say you can't guarantee more performance. Which is it? Is there performance or not? Surely if you are selling a 'performance system' them the least you could do is provide some power figures.