Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19" Rims On A Is200

mattc

Will be getting some new rims and coilovers in the summer.

I know roughly what rims I want, but was wondering if anyone is running 19" rims on an IS200? I recon they will fit but might need to role the archs?

Any comments?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

• 3 years later...

Yeah pretty sure they'll rub.....everybody I know that's fitted 19's rolled the arches but then all of them lowered it as well so not 100% sure.

I've got 18's on mine, don't think I could get 19's on there without some arch modification.

• 1 month later...

no rubbing issues with 19's on standard suspension.

the lower the suspension drop, the lower profile of tyre should be used as much possible to avoid arch rub. eg 225/40, 235/35.

I think 40mm set up with 19's should not cause rubbing issues unless carrying full load & dependingon the strength of the dampers.

( ride & handling will be effected )

Yes 19" look fantastic, I really want to get some but I just couldn't live with it if they were scraping on full lock and rubbing over bumps. Everyone who has fitted 19" seems to have made some of compromise either just living with the rubbing, rolling the arches or not lowering the car! I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has genuinely fitted 19" and slightly lowered the car with no real issues! My car is used daily for about 12000 a year and it would just wind me up if things weren't right. I am a bit of a perfectionist / boarder line OCD with things! The wheels that I am thinking of getting are the TSW Brooklands in Matt black, would love to go 19x8 but I will probably bottle it and just go for 18x8. The TSW badge will remove from the middle and I will order some lexus badges for the OEM look. I would cut and paste a photo of the wheels into the this box but I can't work out how to do it on my I pad! If anyone knows the wheels or has any opinion on them that would be most welcomed?

Thanks in advance

i have put a set of 19" tsw reflex alloys on with no problem just need to buy a set of coil overs to lower. but saying that doesnt seem as if its much higher than standard when you look at it. thanks for all your advice

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links