Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stopped by the police?

GCHQAgent

I don't know how many people are aware of this but have you ever been stopped by the police for a faulty brake light or something?

Have you ever been fined for it?

Did they mention something called VDRS?

No? VDRS means Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme. You can opt for it if you are stopped for a non-functioning headlight, brakelight or similar. It allows you 14 days in which to repair your vehicle. If you complete the repairs within 14 days you cannot be prosecuted (read: no fine!)

Some police officers don't give you the option of VDRS because they have to fill in an extra form - ask for it!

For more info. you can see: http://www.met.police.uk/sutton/html/traffic/vdrs.htm" target="_blank"> http://www.met.police.uk/sutton/html/traffic/vdrs.htm

It does pay to know an officer :D

Us bikers know all about that. For those miscreants that have race only exhaust systems and tiny number plates (ahem, not me officer, honest) it's the easiest way out of a a fixed penalty fine. Hmm, wonder if it applies to illegal tinted visors too?

Hehe I don't think it will apply to illegal tinted visors because its not a defect as such... But I'm no lawyer, and if you can afford an extremely good one I think anything can be legal ;)

• 1 year later...

those who came Karting have seen my Simpson RX8 Lid with the black Visor. I have had nothing but respect from the Feds that have commented on it. I think its cos I used to ride so sensibly and would always pull up along side them at the lights. everyone else hid three cars back. ( no tax, small number plate, race can, BANNED! or whatever) But we all know they are a no no! Even if they are safer than anything with a blue sticker these days...

ah... the price of vanity...

Loz,you know you cant do track days with a simpson,and i'm surprised

you got away with it doing karting............fair play to ya?

I did a track day at brands once and i had a Arai,with paint job

and was told...sorry mate cant use this,no BS sticker

I FORGOT TO PUT ONE ON ONCE IT WAS PAINTED!!!

But a mate was with me and he always carried spares(Team Hartgate/virgin racer)

Phew...had a great day(one of many)

• 2 weeks later...

i been stopped 6times in 8months i had the Lex!!! never been given a producer,fine etc been threatened wit a fine for driving through stafford town centre where no cars are allowed but seein as one was infront and they let him past and stopped me............................... :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links