Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Working Off Shore

inflames

Hi everyone, havent been on here for a bit hope everyone is well.

just wondering does anyone on here work off shore or have in the past. What are your thoughts on the overall job of working offshore.

Iam 26 and have just applied for a couple of trainee off shore jobs. One is the oil and gas industry. With the standard two weeks on and two weeks off. The other is on a off shore wind farm. With a four days on, four days off.

Iam a electrical engineer with my qualifactions, have also been trained in house in the Mechanical and hydraulic side of engineering. I spend half my week in our electrical department and the other half in our hydraulic department.

So i guess you can say iam a Electrical, Hydraulic engineer.

I know i have only applied for the jobs and not realy holding my hopes up as these jobs as they highly competitive. Just wanted a few people opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

I havent been on for a while either but i know rig pig works on a rig (clues in the name :whistling: )

I think ther was quite a few guys on here that used to do off shore work or still do. I think if you havent got a missus that minds and the money is good then why not? It isnt forever, unless you choose too.

i dont work offshore, but i do go offshore every so often if that makes sense. health and safety is probably the no1 concern thesedays, mess up on that and it usually means end of story (on uk rigs. yank rigs are a different story from what i hear). bosiet is also required (basic offshore training) for uk, if you want to work on norwegian rigs you'll need another qualification. see this website for courses http://www.hota.org/training.aspx?section=1

like rikos said, the money is generally good. if you're single the 2wks on 2wks off rota is no problem or if you aint fussed about the missus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links