Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Private Reg Plate ?

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that this was an argument. I asked the OP a question, a question that was answered some time ago but the sheep of the internet decided to get on to the bandwagon. The right number might be a sound investment but a £200 plate that is "private" merely because the last three letters happen to be ones initials is hardly going to make anyone rich, especially once you deduct any transfer fees due when you change your car.

My IS is used as a car, it was bought as such. I don't get all squishy about it, I don't buy it accessories or toys, I don't buy into the after market add ons silliness.... The customers who worry about the age of my car are those who worry more about appearance rather than substance and will spend too much of their cash on outward appearance and hence they cannot afford the services that I provide, Yep I have a bad attitude which goes against everything taught in business school, but no one owes me money, everyone is delighted with the service that I provide and business has never been better... When I see a car with a Paddy plate on, it is obviously mutton trying to hide it's age.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

certainly makes you wonder what people with such a huge and thriving business who must surely be worth millions based on their own assesment of their mechanical talents would find the time in their lives to spend so much time on chatsites etc and you would have to wonder why such a successfull person would choose to drive what is in effect an elderly relatively inexpensive car ?? a touch of eccentricity perhaps , ,

certainly makes you wonder what people with such a huge and thriving business who must surely be worth millions based on their own assesment of their mechanical talents would find the time in their lives to spend so much time on chatsites etc and you would have to wonder why such a successfull person would choose to drive what is in effect an elderly relatively inexpensive car ?? a touch of eccentricity perhaps , ,

On that point, all the high end clients i deal with "the guys who have money & business are doing well" tend to have the more top class motors, They all seem to end up with fleets of range rovers!!

Not got millions, but nicely comfortable, unassuming little house workshop and stores round the back. IS, Jeep Cherry and two vans on the drive. Don't smoke, not had a holiday for five years, up at six, don't sleep before midnight, don't waste my money on frivolities.. I fail to see why middlemen should make money from me, but when I buy I buy stuff that I believe that will last..... Got caught out with the VW vans

What you have to understand is, in the main the slick willies in flash motors are just like the majority and are just two payments away from bankruptcy, cars on lease and mortgaged up to the hilt ... Plenty of genuine millionaires smoking round in old Volvos and battered Land Rovers. One day, you will figure it out....

In the meantime, when I bore you with my eccentric rantings, I'm bored out of my skull in the office typing out quotes and invoices... Any distraction is welcome when I can't be out doing what I love

Not got millions, but nicely comfortable, unassuming little house workshop and stores round the back. IS, Jeep Cherry and two vans on the drive. Don't smoke, not had a holiday for five years, up at six, don't sleep before midnight, don't waste my money on frivolities.. I fail to see why middlemen should make money from me, but when I buy I buy stuff that I believe that will last..... Got caught out with the VW vans

What you have to understand is, in the main the slick willies in flash motors are just like the majority and are just two payments away from bankruptcy, cars on lease and mortgaged up to the hilt ... Plenty of genuine millionaires smoking round in old Volvos and battered Land Rovers. One day, you will figure it out....

In the meantime, when I bore you with my eccentric rantings, I'm bored out of my skull in the office typing out quotes and invoices... Any distraction is welcome when I can't be out doing what I love

I like your outlook on life

and what you say is very true

what is it that you love doing ?

I like your outlook on life

and what you say is very true

what is it that you love doing ?

HERE HERE a man after my own heart.

Are you the long lost twin brother i never knew i had??????????????????????????? :winky:

Really, anything hat makes me a bob or two... I'm a refrigeration / air conditioning engineer by trade but I'm also registered for Gas, oil and electrics. Got a lad manning the other van. The Jeep is a cheap toy but it gets used If we have to work in a rough area or on a job that is difficult to get to in the vans. I've had to back off a bit last year and have limited myself to lighter easier work as I had two discs removed last year so I might have a holiday this year

Are you the long lost twin brother i never knew i had??????????????????????????? :winky:

Ha! could be... I have a strange affinity for North Wales. I was up your neck of the woods last weekend, My beloved had never visited Wales and was amazed and impressed at how widely Welsh was spoken

Ha! could be... I have a strange affinity for North Wales. I was up your neck of the woods last weekend, My beloved had never visited Wales and was amazed and impressed at how widely Welsh was spoken

Welsh speaking in North Wales is now on the up and up due mainly to the Welsh Language Act which was introduced in the 1980's/1990's.

I was born in 1952 hence part of my Display Name, and up to the age of 12 my main spoken and written language was 90% Welsh. When i started Secondary school things changed dramatically as then my main spoken and written language was English 95% of the time (i only spoke welsh at home and in the playground and my written Welsh stopped altogether). This was a shock to my system and i suffered academically because of it for the first year or two.

The Welsh Language Act changed all that as it stated that if one parent of a child was a first language Welsh Speaker and the other parent was a first language English speaker then any children the couple produced had to go through the Welsh Stream in their Primary and Secondary years with no exceptions.

I have two children 30 and 25 and they were both educated through the medium of Welsh throughout their school years.

The act also stated that children who had two first Language English speaking parents were allowed to attend the English stream but had to have compulsory Welsh lessons as part of their schooling.

That's enough History lessons from me so here endeth the sermon.

Nos da pawb (Good night everybody).

PS:- I'd rather be talking about cars anyway.

Whose going to start another argumentative topic like this one next; as i enjoyed and had a few laughs following the threads on this one. :winky:

Thats one of the reasons I got my plate... my IS200 looks newer than what it actually is and I was getting fed up with people saying "oh you have a Y-reg car, why??' how a reg can change everything, now they just tell me how nice my lex is... plus Ive wanted my initials on a plate for as long as I can remember so I got it

y*03**y i dont have a private plate but people still think i do beoz of the ys and some even say is it a y-reg

wahid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links