Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Systems

lukes200

I had a decat and took the middle box out. hated the sound of it as it went quite rattly/tinny. I had a resinator put in and now it sounds amazing. I may have a video somewhere but you may shout as im drifting lol should i risk putting it up?

should he not just get his ecu remapped after all modifications have been made to exhaust and and air filters, that should sort the engine management warning light too i would have thought, and is it not a must to get your ecu mapped after new exhaust, especially with the decat pipe

you cannot remap the standard ECU so this cannot be done. The CEL is due to there being a sensor after the Cat which is there to check if it's working. If it's not there it's not working so it will chuck a CEL. You need an O2 simulator IIRC.

now i cant work out if your serious or bein sarcastic :unsure:

being serious mate!!i love that kind of stuff...29 going on 16!!

another quick vid for you to show the sound (and i know ormi will like it :whistling: )

th_MOV00991.jpg

yeah i agree, sounds great, and also loving the drifting, what air filter and exhaust systems are you using???, great set up by the sounds of it lol

I have a Janspeed cat back exhaust and have just put in a decat pipe. Nice thundery sound (not too loud) from exhaust (better without the cat) and much better throttle response. The pre-cats on the manifold help with emissions and the Is200 engine is quite a clean runner anyway.

i have a de-cat put on yesterday an today its brought the engine management light on any ideas on a way round this

ive had it switched off @ a garage but it will probly come back on..

No issue when I put mine on mate so not sure whats causing it. All exhaust related sensors are positioned in similar locations to the OEM system. I found it gave a slightly deeper exhaust note, especially at over 400 rpm but ont excessive. Did you buy a bolt on decat pipe like mine or get a garage to weld you one in?

i bought 1 online £120

Thats probably the same as I've got then. Can't see why the engine light comes on but do a ECU reset and hope it stays off after that as i think the increased flow causes it to come on as its out of the set tolerences but resetting creates a new baseline value based on the new flow rate and should be ok.

can u do an ecu reset by disconnecting Battery for a minute ??? whats ur method??

I have a Janspeed cat back exhaust and have just put in a decat pipe. Nice thundery sound (not too loud) from exhaust (better without the cat) and much better throttle response. The pre-cats on the manifold help with emissions and the Is200 engine is quite a clean runner anyway.

i have a de-cat put on yesterday an today its brought the engine management light on any ideas on a way round this

ive had it switched off @ a garage but it will probly come back on..

No issue when I put mine on mate so not sure whats causing it. All exhaust related sensors are positioned in similar locations to the OEM system. I found it gave a slightly deeper exhaust note, especially at over 400 rpm but ont excessive. Did you buy a bolt on decat pipe like mine or get a garage to weld you one in?

i bought 1 online £120

Thats probably the same as I've got then. Can't see why the engine light comes on but do a ECU reset and hope it stays off after that as i think the increased flow causes it to come on as its out of the set tolerences but resetting creates a new baseline value based on the new flow rate and should be ok.

can u do an ecu reset by disconnecting Battery for a minute ??? whats ur method??

I use the method suggested in the knowledgebase: My link

another quick vid for you to show the sound (and i know ormi will like it :whistling: )

th_MOV00991.jpg

yeah i agree, sounds great, and also loving the drifting, what air filter and exhaust systems are you using???, great set up by the sounds of it lol

Ive had a full stainless system made by prospeed exhausts. First of all it was straight through. Found i was losing back pressure so had a resinator put in and got the back pressure back and got the smooth straight 6 sound back too. I only have a K&N panel filter at the moment but i'll have a stainless pipe made up by prospeed and a cone filter. Probably a HKS one before long

• 4 weeks later...

th_MOV00991.jpg

Ive had a full stainless system made by prospeed exhausts. First of all it was straight through. Found i was losing back pressure so had a resinator put in and got the back pressure back and got the smooth straight 6 sound back too. I only have a K&N panel filter at the moment but i'll have a stainless pipe made up by prospeed and a cone filter. Probably a HKS one before long

sounds like a cost effective set up (compared to supercharging etc), which is what i was aiming for lol, do you get more responsivness in lower rev's or what is the difference now compared to factory filter and exhaust???

hiya please dont be naf the only way round the emissions is for you to put the cat back on each time its due an mot or the other option is have a sports cat fitted - alot of stainless steel exhaust places make them as well. For the mot if the car has a cat it has got to be mot tested with 1 full stop.

iv got mine decated but kept the center box, its not to loud but sounds sporty,just right.and as for the m.o.t i had new bolts fitted so that it can be changed easy.

seems when putting a decat in its better to keep the centre box or a resonater in place for a better sound, seems like the best idea here is to go for a cat back exhaust (resonated) and put in a decat-pipe (which can be changed bach to oem for MOT)

Or you can just take the car to someone you know for an MOT :whistling:

The throttle response is a little better with the set up i have now to be fair. Seems to pull a little better to when cruising on motorways. Dont have to put your foot down quite as much to pick up speed which in turn made my MPG better :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links