qwango

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Lexus: IS200

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

Hi
I've got a 2002 IS200 SE Navigator. Unfortunately the sat nav is on the blink (the "check map dvd" error). I was hoping to find a replacement dvd drive for the boot but have had no luck. I've read the various threads about installing a third party sat nav device in place of the existing screen and think this is probably the best way to go.

I was just wondering whether anyone had done this project with the larger 7" screen housing and, if so, which sat nav device they used, and whether they had to make any adjustments to the frame?

Assuming I can get one that fits, I assume that the installation will be quite simple... could anyone give me some pointers as to how I would connect up the power supply? (or is it a case of, if you don't know how to do it, you should get someone else to do it for you?!)

cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fiveaside

fiveaside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Lexus: is 200

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I replaced mine with a sony unit, check out this link as it will have everything you'll need to know about fitting it or another sat nav.
http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=48020

#3 qwango

qwango

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

I replaced mine with a sony unit, check out this link as it will have everything you'll need to know about fitting it or another sat nav.

Hi, thanks. Was your housing the 5.4" or the 7", and if it was the 7" what model sony did you use? I'm a real noob at modding so am looking for a sat nav that will fit into the 7" frame without further adjustments.

#4 fiveaside

fiveaside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi, thanks. Was your housing the 5.4" or the 7", and if it was the 7" what model sony did you use? I'm a real noob at modding so am looking for a sat nav that will fit into the 7" frame without further adjustments.

It is 5.4". I used the sony nav-u93 which measures in at 4.8" but im sure people have found a way to fit it into the 7" housing or on the other hand perhaps you will be better off with this- https://buy.garmin.c...ID=6389&ra=true
The only downside is that it is a lot more expensive. Its your choice!

#5 fiveaside

fiveaside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Somebody is selling these for an absolute bargain on ebay- 250591161325
Check it out

#6 m3gyh

m3gyh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: gary
  • Lexus: is200
  • Year: 2004

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hi
I've got a 2002 IS200 SE Navigator. Unfortunately the sat nav is on the blink (the "check map dvd" error). I was hoping to find a replacement dvd drive for the boot but have had no luck. I've read the various threads about installing a third party sat nav device in place of the existing screen and think this is probably the best way to go.

I was just wondering whether anyone had done this project with the larger 7" screen housing and, if so, which sat nav device they used, and whether they had to make any adjustments to the frame?

Assuming I can get one that fits, I assume that the installation will be quite simple... could anyone give me some pointers as to how I would connect up the power supply? (or is it a case of, if you don't know how to do it, you should get someone else to do it for you?!)

cheers

Hi
I have just bought a satnav screen and boot unit with centre console and remote control unit, for a project i am doing .
I dont know if the parts are the same as you want but i only need the housing unit for my project
so if your interested in any parts, let me know
Cheers

:winky: :winky:

#7 plumo

plumo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Lexus: is200 sport

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

if it was an aftermarket sat nav into your old console how would it get charged when it was low on battery ??

#8 garyskisplym

garyskisplym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Lexus: blue is200 sport

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

can you retro-fit lex nav system in a not mav car???

#9 qwango

qwango

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Returning to a very old thread but hope this might be helpful to someone.

I decided my technical ability wasn't up to swapping out the existing sat nav for an aftermarket one.

After much searching I found this site which offers a full repair service for the dvd unit on the Lexus IS200:
http://www.lasertrad...ioncomputer.htm

Unfortunately the price has gone up since I had it done last year (from EUR 279 to EUR 348) so it is quite expensive but still much cheaper than a new one from Lexus!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have