Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

200,000+ Mileage 2001 Sport

shake

Hi folks,

It's been aaaages! Anyway the missus focus needs shifting.. I've come across a nice looking sport with full service history... BUT it has over 200k on the clock.(its a manual btw)

Would this put anyone off? It doesn't help the fact the budget is around £2000 :unsure:

any advice would be great

crikey-personally i think you can buy a much lower mileage one than that for the money- good luck tryin to find out if that one is due a cambelt(by rights it should of had 3 i think) if its full service history check the service records and try and find record of three new cambelts to know if the history is kosher

this is only my opinion and i take no responsibility for absolutely anything

Mileage alone would not put me off. I would be looking at the FULL history......MOT's, Tax discs (if possible), servicing, number of owners and trying to contact the owner preceding the seller. A low mileage is no guarantee as even if genuine it could have had the engine gearbox thraped and been generally abused.

At that mileage it will need a very good looking over.......maybe arrange for a free check at your local Lexus dealer. It could be that it has mainly motorway miles cruising at reasonable speeds.

As with any car purchase, check check and check again.

Good luck whichever way you decide.

Hi folks,

It's been aaaages! Anyway the missus focus needs shifting.. I've come across a nice looking sport with full service history... BUT it has over 200k on the clock.(its a manual btw)

Would this put anyone off? It doesn't help the fact the budget is around £2000 :unsure:

any advice would be great

If it looks good and it has a full documented history then go for it. Personally I'd spend a bit more (maybe £2.5-£3k) and get a 2000/2001 model with 120k on the clock.

the missus only has the focus to part ex, and i dont mind helping (but only if it's a car i agree with). i think due to budget a honda civic vti would be a better option.

women eh?!

It all depends what you want out of the car for the missus. Do you want cheap to run, mpg, speed etc etc

There are loads of options for £2000 but obviosuly some better than others.

As previously said you can get a better car for that money even a lex with lower mileage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links