Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where's Best For Car Insurance ?

Hiya folks,

Got my renewal from Churchill today - nearly £20 a month dearer than last year

Hunting around trying to get the best deal

before anyone mentions confused.com etc they're just a waste of time for me - with quotes frequently coming in at over £2000 !

Im 23 and have a CD10 on my license for 4 yrs ago, but have 5 yrs no claims discount.

Im just waiting for Adrian Flux to email me my quote.

Wondering where you folks get you Insurance from ? especially if you have convictions

:unsure:

Hiya folks,

before anyone mentions confused.com etc they're just a waste of time for me - with quotes frequently coming in at over £2000 !

Im 23 and have a CD10 on my license for 4 yrs ago, but have 5 yrs no claims discount.

Wondering where you folks get you Insurance from ? especially if you have convictions

ps- adrian flux run a free callback service from their website-it saves you doing it by pc and waiting for a quote - and free

Hiya folks,

im with flux- im 43yo,got no ncb,2 disqual in last 5 years,no points,only passed test 1yr ago £2500 per annum - no one else would quote

ps- adrian flux run a free callback service from their website-it saves you doing it by pc and waiting for a quote - and free

just received their email quote which was just below £1200, dearer than my renewal. I just dont see how my insurance goes up, every previous year its gone down

I just dont see how my insurance goes up, every previous year its gone down

You (and the rest of us who buy car insurance) are paying an extra preimum to cover uninsured drivers, ambulance chasers etc. Great isn't it?

lmao-ive been running 2 cars and a bike with my record,you cant imagine the cost.

my bike renewal went up too and ive not claimed or had accidents or anything

i think its mostly the economy driving premiums up ! insurance and banking are closely linked,plus i suppose if your postcode had a lot of crime increase this -last year would affect.

Have you tried privillige if you got 5yrs ncb i would

also try norwich direct

Renewed my insurance last month- used all the comparsion websites.

Most expensive quote I got was £34k!!!!! My car is a standard IS200 (9.5 years old and its probably worth about £2.5k) with no performance modifications. I'm 30 with 7 years NCB (protected) 0 points/convictions/accidents. Must be my postcode that's the problem.

Luckily I found another insurance company who gave me a quote of £405.

Renewed my insurance last month- used all the comparsion websites.

Most expensive quote I got was £34k!!!!! My car is a standard IS200 (9.5 years old and its probably worth about £2.5k) with no performance modifications. I'm 30 with 7 years NCB (protected) 0 points/convictions/accidents. Must be my postcode that's the problem.

Luckily I found another insurance company who gave me a quote of £405.

Who was that with if you dont mind me asking Kam ?

Hiya folks,

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry706138

Take no notice of renewal quotes. Pick up the phone and tell them that you are not happy with the quote and you will get a lower quote. I am with Churchill and got about a third knocked off and also did same with my buildings/contents insurance. Got similar reduction on wife's car insurance too with Esure.

Insurers rely on people accepting renewal quotes without questioning them. If last year was say £500 tell them that you are looking to at least match it. I have been doing this for many years successfully.

Take no notice of renewal quotes. Pick up the phone and tell them that you are not happy with the quote and you will get a lower quote. I am with Churchill and got about a third knocked off and also did same with my buildings/contents insurance. Got similar reduction on wife's car insurance too with Esure.

Insurers rely on people accepting renewal quotes without questioning them. If last year was say £500 tell them that you are looking to at least match it. I have been doing this for many years successfully.

I tried that with Esure last month- they were not prepared to reduce their renewal price against a cheaper quote that I got from another insurer. I voted with my feet and I have not renewed my insurance with Esure this year.

I tried that with Esure last month- they were not prepared to reduce their renewal price against a cheaper quote that I got from another insurer. I voted with my feet and I have not renewed my insurance with Esure this year.

At least you tried. I never tell them how much I have been quoted elsewhere. Churchill quoted around £300 last year (fully comp) but after speaking to their retentions dept. it was reduced to £214.20 and they gave me "free" breakdown cover which I didn't actually need.

They were by far the least expensive.

Try LV (Liverpool Victoria)

thanks but ive tried LV, their quote was just under £1500 : (

Got quoted £320 with gauranteed NCB. I have 9+ yrs NCB and 2 accidents in 5yrs.

Hiya folks,

:excl: Search every source you can find and don't rely on comparison sites. Be VERY careful to check that a low quote does not involve a really huge excess which you could end up having to pay out.

Cheapest so far is Bell

£720.55

Fully comp + protected NCB + guaranteed car hire for 21 days (essential for me to get to work)

That's with a total excess of £500 lower than my Churchill insurance with a £700 excess

As its not up for renewal until the 27th March im still gonna keep hunting - you never know!

I just cant wait for my points to come off my license in October