Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Linglong Tyres !

for those of you worried about budget tyres

worry no more -

we all have those hard weeks where you just cant seem to gather some cash, yet you need some tyres desperately (me included)-

buy some LingLong's

Cost me £76.99 a pair from BK racing on eBay - including delivery

get a local garage to chuck them on for a £5 : )

they have nice deep tread + grip very well

Im a very happy man considering i was gonna get some part worns to last me a few months

So before you spend £120+ on a tyre , consider trying these

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a set (4) Yokohama C drive asymetric tyres on mine in Jan. Very good tyres, though they cost £95 each (don't mind spend money on decent tyres). Used to have Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetrics before the Yokohamas- they were also good tyres.

I would never use part worn or "budget tyres". 4 bits rubber to keep you on the road and stop you!!!! They may be fine but not something that I would ever contemplate.

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/linglong.asp

I have to go with Dave1 100%, tyres are NOT something to skimp on, I know when mine need replacing as I check them monthly and budget accordingly, at 2mm left I change them and do both sides at the same time. Continental Sport Contacts all round on mine - superb tyres.

I wouldn't buy a car with budget tyres on it - shows the car isn't looked after as it should be IMHO.

I would never use part worn or "budget tyres". 4 bits rubber to keep you on the road and stop you!!!! They may be fine but not something that I would ever contemplate.

I have to go with Dave1 100%, tyres are NOT something to skimp on, I know when mine need replacing as I check them monthly and budget accordingly, at 2mm left I change them and do both sides at the same time. Continental Sport Contacts all round on mine - superb tyres.

I wouldn't buy a car with budget tyres on it - shows the car isn't looked after as it should be IMHO.

not true just coz a car has budget tyres on it doesn't mean its not been looked after. thats like saying a car with small dents and scratches thats not been hoovered hasn't been looked after..............i dont drive at 1000 mph everywhere i also dont drive at 10000mph round corners i also dont do track days so their for why spent £100 per tyre for one when i'm not going to use it for what its ment for 10000mph everywhere.

also every tyre has to start someplace in two years these tyres might cost £120 and be rated better than anyother..........yoko's were once a budget tyre.......

The Linglong L688 is a best selling ultra high performance tyre because of its dynamic tread design and incredible value. It has a W speed rating - tested to be certified safe up to 168 mph! Good grip and braking in dry conditions. Long tread life. Linglong is a Chinese brand that has now made its way to every corner of the United States.

copy'd from a tyre review site...

+1 for not skimping on tyres. Since I've had my car i've always pu Pirelli P Zero Rossos on it, not cheap, but its what Lexus intended, and they usually come 1st/2nd in tyre reviews.

I agree on budget tyres looking bad when you try to sell a car. My father in law had a Mondeo ST Tdci when they first came out, and all that tourque meant he needed tyres 8k later, he put a set of 75 quid ones on instead of the 130 quid Contisports, and it just seemed wrong, luckily he part-exd it not long later so didn't have to answer any questions about them.

Gareth

+1 for not skimping on tyres. Since I've had my car i've always pu Pirelli P Zero Rossos on it, not cheap, but its what Lexus intended, and they usually come 1st/2nd in tyre reviews.

I agree on budget tyres looking bad when you try to sell a car. My father in law had a Mondeo ST Tdci when they first came out, and all that tourque meant he needed tyres 8k later, he put a set of 75 quid ones on instead of the 130 quid Contisports, and it just seemed wrong, luckily he part-exd it not long later so didn't have to answer any questions about them.

Gareth

the is200 never used pzero rossos they used bridgstones from factory......

i see what yeldarb means as when i bought mine it was advertised as having brand new premium quality tyres-when i got there they were falkens-i was initially a bit annoyed but used it as a lever on the price - and as ormi says -i too dont race around pushing my tyres to the limit or anywhere near so falkens will probably be fine for now-the probably bit is worrying tho so if i keep the car for a while i will be looking at other options

Good grip and braking in dry conditions. Long tread life. copy'd from a tyre review site...

So what about grip and braking in wet conditions?

The review I linked to seemed singularly unimpressed by the brand.

I suppose they must meet required standards but I would rather use more proven tyres. I can't see the point of buying a premium car and then fitting cheap budget tyres. Still each to their own opinions.

Better budget tyres than bald tyres... 90% of drivers would never be able to tell the difference between budget and top notch..

No excuse for bald tyres....if someone can't afford to maintain a car and comply with legal requirements then they should not have a car at all.

You might tell the difference when a car brakes hard in the wet and doesn't stop as quickly as you anticipated.

While you are on the topic of tyres, mine going to need replacing in a short while so i have started looking around. I was recommended Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's. I'm not to hot on tyres so if anyone could advise me that would be great. Cheers.

I hope they are better than the Chinese factory made Toyota throttle pedals!!!! :whistling:

"Ling Long and prosper Mr.Spock"............. I think they are vulcanised tyres

think you better start panicing then coz it was denzo who made them look under your bonnet theirs lots of denzo stuff under their.....

Better budget tyres than bald tyres... 90% of drivers would never be able to tell the difference between budget and top notch..

Very true and 8 out of 10 cats prefer Whiskers

also according to surveys, 6 out of 7 dwarfes aren,t happy !

No excuse for bald tyres....if someone can't afford to maintain a car and comply with legal requirements then they should not have a car at all.

You might tell the difference when a car brakes hard in the wet and doesn't stop as quickly as you anticipated.

In a scientific and controlled experiment on identical road surfaces, then yes, you are right, however road surfaces change from one stretch of road to the next, as would what is on the road, water diesel, oil and other stuff, so it impossible to anticipate with any accuracy the stopping distance of your car..... Budget or premium tyres, most folk on the road drive too close to the car in front, so hoping that an expensive tyre will save your bacon when you have knowingly driven too close is a bit silly

By the way, yep I'm as guilty as the next man of driving too close to the car in front..

I think that the short of it is every driver should fit the best tyres that he can afford and drive within the capabilities of his machinery...... And himself

In a scientific and controlled experiment on identical road surfaces, then yes, you are right, however road surfaces change from one stretch of road to the next, as would what is on the road, water diesel, oil and other stuff, so it impossible to anticipate with any accuracy the stopping distance of your car..... Budget or premium tyres, most folk on the road drive too close to the car in front, so hoping that an expensive tyre will save your bacon when you have knowingly driven too close is a bit silly

By the way, yep I'm as guilty as the next man of driving too close to the car in front..

I think that the short of it is every driver should fit the best tyres that he can afford and drive within the capabilities of his machinery...... And himself

Well said mate !

Gareth

the is200 never used pzero rossos they used bridgstones from factory......

I've got the styling kit 18's on mine, and I've seen a few other IS's with the same wheel and the same tyres so assummed thats what they came with, but I well be wrong cos I bought my car second hand.

Gareth