Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 Ls400 Air Suspension

mikelexus

I am considring a 1998 ls400 with air suspension option. This car has 152,000 miles and appears to be very well maintained with all records. What if any should my concerns be. Any advice appreciated. In California- Mikelexus ;)

• 1 year later...

I'd check the prior owners maintenance records or get the VIN and talk to a Lexus dealer. Any dealer should be able to get you the maintenance information. That should tell you if the air shocks have already been replaced.

If the have not been replaced, the need to have them replaced will rapidly accelerate. I don't know others experiences. With my 1990 LS400 with 169,000, the dealer is recommending that I have the two front struts replaced for the first time. He is saying that the fluid is leaking from them. That is something you should be able to check.

Also, ride in a car with the air suspension and some without it. Decide if you like the benefits of the nice cushy ride. The air suspension system is a very expensive option -- and I really like it, personally. You just have to decide if you want the expensive of replacing four air struts every 150K or not at about $1,000 USD per strut.

I am considring a 1998 ls400 with air suspension option. This car has 152,000 miles and appears to be very well maintained with all records. What if any should my concerns be. Any advice appreciated. In California- Mikelexus ;)