Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Mods - Where To Start?

Amz

Hello everyone,

I am a new user on this forum so please bare with me.

I have just recently bought an Lexus IS200 SE and am really happy with it. My only complaints are that it is very juicy on fuel and pretty slow on the low revs but picks up at 50mph and onwards.

I've read through the forum and understand that these are NOT exactly fast cars but are more of a luxury car and I completely agree :)

I am looking to do subtle mods on the exterior of the car aswell as on the performance.

For the exterior:

Lower it by 40mm

18" Alloy Wheels (not sure on the design yet)

Boot Lid Spoiler (that comes standard on a 'Sport' model)

HID Kit (8000K)

For the performance:

Induction Kit

Cat-Back Exhaust System

With the exterior, I have seen LOADS of Lexus on this forum with body kits etc and they do look nice but I wish to kind of keep the OEM look but with slight mods, and with the performance side I understand that there are superchargers etc but tbh I'm not exactly after super speed, I just want the car to be more responsive.

Can I please have everyone's opinions on this?

Thanks in advance

Hey Bruce, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the sound of my Lexus, hence I wanted to put a SILENT cat back exhaust so that I can continue hearing the original sound. My ONLY reason for cat back exhaust was to make it slightly more responsive and also I love the look of the chrome tail pipe! But if you are saying that it will reduce the mpg with hardly any gains then I'd rather not touch any of the performance side.

If you are looking to keep the looks "standard" then get the 18inch lexus alloys.

Also tints really set the lexus off and the sports grille

Joe

Hey Joe, I absolutely forgot to mention the 'TINTS' in my to do list lol.

As it goes for the alloys, I wlll most likely opt for the Lexus alloys, but I'm not sure about the sports grille tbh. I personally like the original grille because of the chrome grille :)

Hey Amz, welcome to the forum

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=63627

a bit down the page there you'll see the TTE front bar i've put on. this keeps a semi-factory look, but a bit more aggressive. also check out the TTE exhaust, you get the chrome tip, it sounds a teeny bit meatier than the OEM, and you don't lose MPG.

i couldn't decide myself whether i should put on new rims or not, so in the mean time i had mine painted Gunmetal. against a dark IS these look amazing.

what colour is yours?

Cheers

Leigh

Hey Amz, welcome to the forum

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=63627

a bit down the page there you'll see the TTE front bar i've put on. this keeps a semi-factory look, but a bit more aggressive. also check out the TTE exhaust, you get the chrome tip, it sounds a teeny bit meatier than the OEM, and you don't lose MPG.

i couldn't decide myself whether i should put on new rims or not, so in the mean time i had mine painted Gunmetal. against a dark IS these look amazing.

what colour is yours?

Cheers

Leigh

Thanks Leigh.

I had a look at your car pics and I think it looks amazing!!!!! Great taste in kit! I would like to go for the TTE look too, can you give me a break down of how much the front bumper would cost me aswell as the exhaust system??? Also where can I get these kit from????

My car is Royal Sapphire Blue :D

Hi mate, have a wee look in my gallery and you'll see the 18" Lexus alloys, will give you a wee idea.

Iv'e also put the TRD front splitter on and it's also same colour as yours.

Good luck with the mods, it's very addictive.

Welcome to LOC matey.

• 2 weeks later...

6000k is the best HID kit to go for buddy, rest of the mods sound ace

I have had a look at Tommy's Lexus and that was a perfect example of what I want my Lexus to look like (with the mods I wish to carry out).

I have put the 6000k HID's based on John's reccomendation and must say it looks awesome :-)

Will post pics up later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you want to keep it OEM then why not try a splitter for it? you can get a standard sport spliter or maybe go for abit more aggresion with the kamirai (not sure thats spelt right :blush:) style one? you can also get TRD side skirts, like on an altezza, and even a TRD rear spliter to :winky:

all still keep the standard look but with a bit more detail.

Tom

• 6 years later...

Hi everyone,

Just came across this post and it seems I'm in exactly the same position as Amz was 6 years ago! 

Got hold of an IS200 Sport at the weekend (also blue) and really wondering where to begin. So far I've only done a few hundred miles on the motorway in it, but agree it's a bit sluggish in the lower range. 

Amz, what did you do to your Lexus and how did you get on? Looks like you have very similar taste to me as I also want it to be a bit more responsive, sound a lot better, and some subtle aesthetic mods.

• 2 months later...

Only way to get any extra power is forced induction, super or turbo charger, nothing else makes any noticeable difference and things like massive intakes can actually make it worse. No one buys these cars for performance or fuel economy. For me I don't like the high stance with the massive arch gap so lower springs are a must and the best suspension mod you can do is to uprate the ARB's, that you will notice. Loads of Oem 18's for sale out there at cheap prices too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links