Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Washer Jets

StuP

I got the fan type washer jets fitted to my 2000 model IS200.

I think I paid £21 for the pair from Lexus Leeds. Order them from your local Lexus dealer, tell him you want the fan type jets that were fitted to IS200's that were built after August 2003, as I think there are 3 different types of jets for the IS200.

I think I paid £21 for the pair from Lexus Leeds. Order them from your local Lexus dealer, tell him you want the fan type jets that were fitted to IS200's that were built after August 2003, as I think there are 3 different types of jets for the IS200.

Thanks very much for that mate, didn't realise it would be a dealer part. I'll order some now

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for that mate, didn't realise it would be a dealer part. I'll order some now

Parts ordered from Lexus dealer, in in two days, £22 colour coded to the car, fitted in ten minutes and much better coverage/ cleaning than the originals. Recommended easy Mod

Care to write up a how to for the workshop area Stu?

I'm still a bit nervous about anything mechanical :D

Here goes then (no pics as I've already done it!)

The washer jets are held in with an integral clip front (windscreen side) and rear (engine side). To remove use a small flat bladed screwdriver under the front between the bonnet and the jet and push toward the jet then lever upward to raise the front.

Repeat this at the back whilst ensuring the front does not return to its original position. The jet will pop out with a tube attached to the rear.

Pull the jet towards the windscreen stretching the tube slightly and grip the tube as it emerges from the bonnet with small pliers. (don't let go or you'll be forraging around in the hole to get the tube back out).

The jet is just a push fit to the tube so pull/twist it off and replace it with the new fan jet.

Let go of the tube with the pliers and lower the new jet into the hole and push in to fit.

Repeat this on the other side and hey presto :D

• 5 years later...