Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well The Modding Has Started

John G

After a week of ownership i have started modding lol, i just cant help myself

I started off by ordering the same Hids kit as kams bought off eBay so they arrived tuesday and after a little fiddling around i sussed them and fitted them tuesday night, to say im pleased with them is an understatement, best £60 if spent. very happy with where i managed to place the ballasts too

1f4fb331.jpg

3fad842a.jpg

Next job was to replace my wiper blades as they were ***** poor so i went for the aero style blades as iv had them before and think they are the only blades to every use, make such a difference, i look far neater in my eyes

da35c770.jpg

And finally today i went about making a mat for by the ashtray as i have nowhere to put my phone, ill let the pictures do the talking on this one, great little mod.

f9a28bdc.jpg

448b5f0b.jpg

0e1a32c7.jpg

And last but not least, finished me day off with a good man sized brew

330ac1c5.jpg

looking good mate thats how i started few wee bits here and their.......well a year and a half later well check out my sig for the details..

i said i was going to leave the lex standard too......lol

i very much doubt i have the money to go to the extent you have gone to, im just aiming, for a nice oem, is200 with my own personal touch and few things that i think with improve the car itself over standard

to be honest matey the car doesn't stand me at that much,i do all the work ie all the fitting all the bits and servicing the only part i didn't do was paint the tte front bumper and the trd skirts and rear bumper spoiler i fitted the kit though.

what other plans you got for it??

It is all the fitting and labour costs that ruin modding tbh so if you like you and a mechanic your onto a winner.

At the moment, lowered, stil undecided on coilovers or springs =, then i will just be getting the standard 17s acid dipped, and powdercoated in either standard silver or contemplating anthracite, everything else with be maintaining, and keeping it as mint as possible.

Also hoping to have it detailed in the summer to get the paint near perfect.

It is all the fitting and labour costs that ruin modding tbh so if you like you and a mechanic your onto a winner.

At the moment, lowered, stil undecided on coilovers or springs =, then i will just be getting the standard 17s acid dipped, and powdercoated in either standard silver or contemplating anthracite, everything else with be maintaining, and keeping it as mint as possible.

Also hoping to have it detailed in the summer to get the paint near perfect.

it depends on how low you want.....if you look at mine its down on springs which is good enough if your going for looks and better cornering.....

i'm getting yellow trd anti roll bars at the end of the month so that should tighten mine up abit and mibbi get coilovers next month dont want it any lower just slightly stiffer..

as for your alloy wheel colour....... anthracite looks amazing with red but gloss black or piano black looks stunning with red thats how i done my alloys on my mr2 pic below of the old girl....

4389845714a4995601261l.jpg

i have been in England for about 2 weeks now, and i am glad i went with the coil overs, because i am not sure my car could take much more beating underneath with the lowering springs i had on it. i actually have mine set to the highest recommended setting (40mm i think) and it is a little higher than where my HKS springs sat the car, and i scraped and hit just about everything that was not pristine paved road, that would have been murder in the snow. if you plan to drive the car mostly on nice roads, save yourself some money and get springs, but mine is a daily driver and i will only be lowering the ride height when i know it will not be a hindrance to my exhaust system.

Coming on a treat matey, i must get motivated and start doing a few bits to mine, like the idea for the phone, where did you get that stuff from?

tbh phil i had it lying around but i think u can get it from tesco asda etc.

todays tidying up started at 9am as i was up at 8am i had autoglass here filling in a chip, once he was done, i set about cleaning up the engine bay with plastic gell, chuffed with the outcome.

cad71818.jpg

Also cant stand the state of the exhausts tip and backbox as it all pitted even after cleaning, so i went about puttin a rough surface to the tip and painting it with high temp black gloss, looks ten times better IMPO although i havent got a picture yet