Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Most Annoying Thing About Your Is200?!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As title says really!

The way my drivers seat belt doesnt retract fully does my nut!!!

Anyone else got any pet hates?!

Bruce

Yeah that does my head in too bruce.

the thing that annoys me are the cupholders in the front. cant really use them when you have a manual, i keep bashing my elbows on my drink : (

As title says really!

The way my drivers seat belt doesnt retract fully does my nut!!!

Anyone else got any pet hates?!

Bruce

The fact that the steering wheel only adjusts up and down and not in/out would be my biggest gripe. I find it really hard to get comfortable in my lex.

Tell you another really good trick Lexus missed was on my old 520i, the wipers, when on, automatically went from constant to intermittent when the car came to a stop, say at a traffic light then when you moved off they automatically went back to constant.

The other thing they could have added was full closure of windows/sunroof/mirrors with the central locking but on the whole I do like my IS200, we really have little to complain about!

The fact that the steering wheel only adjusts up and down and not in/out would be my biggest gripe. I find it really hard to get comfortable in my lex.

Tell you another really good trick Lexus missed was on my old 520i, the wipers, when on, automatically went from constant to intermittent when the car came to a stop, say at a traffic light then when you moved off they automatically went back to constant.

The other thing they could have added was full closure of windows/sunroof/mirrors with the central locking but on the whole I do like my IS200, we really have little to complain about!

wow, that a great little feature, nothing more annoying then listening to them wipers screech along the screen while waiting at the lights! whats year was that 520 you had? if you dont mind me asking

the seat belts wound me up, but i read a tip about spraying furniture polish onto the belt, worked a treat for me.

the paint seems a bit soft to me, full of stone chips.

the seat belts wound me up, but i read a tip about spraying furniture polish onto the belt, worked a treat for me.

the paint seems a bit soft to me, full of stone chips.

any particular make polish puma ?

for me i dont like the positioning of the controls on drivers side, i.e electric windows/operate side wing mirrors

i also cant seem to get comfortable or find the best position

drink holder is crap..not deep enough

if the steering wheel is quite low, you cant see the dials

other than that, i think its just about right in terms of speed..its not meant to be a fast car, but nor is it slow..

any particular make polish puma ?

Mr sheen worked for me, and it shines umpteen things clean :P

p.s. I use my lexus as a road car not a track car and for that its fast enougth.

for me i dont like the positioning of the controls on drivers side, i.e electric windows/operate side wing mirrors

i also cant seem to get comfortable or find the best position

drink holder is crap..not deep enough

if the steering wheel is quite low, you cant see the dials

other than that, i think its just about right in terms of speed..its not meant to be a fast car, but nor is it slow..

i agree with teh not getting comfortable thing, if only it had memory seats, my dad uses my Is sometimes, and messes up my seat position, then its takes a week of fiddling to finally get it where it was lol

I cant believe the amount of people moaning about it being slow?!

I think their just fine for what they are... Its a 5 door family car! lol

Subaruownersclub.co.uk....? lol

Bruce

just for the record Its a 4 door saloon by the way not a 5 door family car lol

if it was 5 door fair enough it can be slow, but for a car that looks sporty as the IS, it should have a bit more power to go with the looks IMO.

Either way its not a sporty car in the slightest...?

I dont see how you could buy a car with so many toys and such a big car which states it has 160bhp and expect it to be fast?

Bruce

i never drove the manual version but i think i would like to now just to see what so many people moan about - i wanted an auto anyway but after reading lots of REVIEWS like this one i can only really agree with the findings that the car is well suited to the autobox which is just impressively smooth and when you want to go faster you just push down a bit harder on the loud pedal

its not fast as everyone has said, but it aint hardly slow..and for the money they go for, and all the toys you get, its a lot of car for the money.

If you find it slow, get a engine transplant or simply buy something faster!

i think its just about right, it can be hard driving at low revs and in low gears, but after 4k revs and the distinctive sound, you can tell an is200 is coming behind you!!

the 300's thirst for fuel (i knew it would be thirsty when i bought it but with constant rising fuel costs, i dont go as far as i used to :( )

the annoying issue with the front pads moving around

waiting for the stereo to pack in

The position of the ignition key really pi$$e$ me off. Every time you go over a bump all you hear is the click click click of the keyring hitting the panel :tsktsk:

I know, im easily upset.