Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Judder

bone 1234

hi im new to the club i just brought a is 2oo it needed new brake disks and pads after fitting i run them in for 300 miles after that they began to judder in very light braking so i thought the front disks where warped i brought another new pair for the front and run them in for about the same milage but now the same thing is happening again they seem fine at 1st but after about 10 miles there doing the same as the others it seems they only do it on light braking not heavy any ideas on what i can do apart for changing again with a vented disk ?

Hi and welcome to LOC :)

Can we take it that it was the fronts that you did both times?

I would doubt that you bought 2 sets of warped disks.

Have you checked that the hubs are clean, the caliper pins are free and that you don't have a "sticky" caliper?

I just had this on my is200. turned out it was my drivers side calliper. the piston seals had gone and it was sticking which was causing some strange vibrations under heavy braking. in the end i got both front callipers re-conditioned. now there is no brake judder.

Hi and welcome to LOC :)

Can we take it that it was the fronts that you did both times?

I would doubt that you bought 2 sets of warped disks.

Have you checked that the hubs are clean, the caliper pins are free and that you don't have a "sticky" caliper?

hi yes the fronts as i said its only on very light braking but will check the calipers many thanks for you qwick reply

I just had this on my is200. turned out it was my drivers side calliper. the piston seals had gone and it was sticking which was causing some strange vibrations under heavy braking. in the end i got both front callipers re-conditioned. now there is no brake judder.

hi my brake judder is only on very very light braking but will now start to look at the calipers didnt realy think it would be them i will have them taken off and checked and then let you know many thanks for a fast reply