Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound Deadening (Dynamat, Edead, Brown Bread)

Which product should I use?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which product? Thinking about cost vs gains?

• None of them, the gains do not mach the cost.
    • Dynamat (most expensive)
    • EDead
    • SoundX (cheapest - ebay)
    • Brown Bread
    • Other? (Please leave a comment)

Been looking into sound deadening the boot and doors etc of my IS. Ive upgraded the speakers and have a small sub running in the boot. I always see good things about sound proofing on sites etc but dont know anybody thats actually used any of them? What sort of difference does it make?

I dont mind spending more money as long as it makes a decent improvement?

Also, theres stuff on eBay called SoundX which is really cheap. any1 used this at all?

Still 50/50 as to wether im gonna bother with i. just thought id see what kind of feedback i got.

I voted for DMX as it's what all the ICE heads use. I planning to get some for mine when I upgrade the fronts. It's definitely worth doing. Cuts out so much road noise & improves bass response

• 10 months later...

I wouldn't go for something which is only in the name automotive related.

Avoid cheap crap and focus on butyl based products.

The thickest I have found was StP Gold (2.5mm thick 17sq ft at £55)later on StP Silver 2.2mm thick (only available in bulks), next would be damplifier pro 2mm thick 16sq ft @ 75quid, next should be Dynamat Extreme door kit 12sq ft at £80 - 1.7mm thick, last one in that chart is FATMAT Xtreme 1.15mm thick 20 sq ft - £65

Hope it helps

I used Dynamat in the past now my vote is for the stp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links