Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Posts

TigerFish

Just wandering if this is by design or not.

I know there is a "Latest Posts" button at the top, but all it does is show you what posts have been done in the last 24 hours. If I can't get on LOC for a couple of days, you don't see anything that was done more than 24 hours ago. Can we please have the "New Posts since last visit" button back??

Must agree with you there, hopefully Steve can sort it :)

Also need a 'back to top' button again - all this scrolling is wearing my poor mouse out :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Must agree with you there, hopefully Steve can sort it :)

Also need a 'back to top' button again - all this scrolling is wearing my poor mouse out :whistling:

Just press the 'Home' key :D

+1 on the New Posts button

• 1 month later...

I think I will bump this every day for the time being :whistling:

I believe there are posts going unanswered because of this, especially in the lower volume forums such as the GS/LS/RX etc. If people are not on every day, a lot of posts will be missed.

agreed, ive also found that the forums only seem to go back about 18 months, i cant find any of my posts from 2 years or earlier, cant find the old gallery

I've also noticed if you view someones profile and check their posts and/or thread list, you don't get a complete list. Maybe that is related to what you are seeing as far as posts not going back further than 18 months. Although.... some of the links in my sig to the tutorials I have done are older than 18 months old, and they are there if you click on them. So perhaps there is a global setting on the forum for limiting how far back searches work.

The "new posts since last visit" is badly missed so can we please have it back :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

They are more interested geting the adverts on than re-instating a useful feature :(

No 'tarring' please :P :lol:

Steve is the only one who can change the board to sort this :whistling:

Not having a 'back to top' button is driving me crazy :shutit:

They are more interested geting the adverts on than re-instating a useful feature :(

No 'tarring' please :P :lol:

Steve is the only one who can change the board to sort this :whistling:

Not having a 'back to top' button is driving me crazy :shutit:

+1

;)

Bump :yawn:

Also, is there a way of making the forum launch links in new window/tab automatically. It always used to, now it replaces the current LOC position. I am for ever closing the LOC web page and then having to go back to it again from scratch. Not a biggy, but a pain when you get used to using a site in a particular way and then it changes so drastically.

if u click ur little scroll wheel on the mouse instead of left click that will open any clicked link in a new tab, i've just resorted to that instead

if u click ur little scroll wheel on the mouse instead of left click that will open any clicked link in a new tab, i've just resorted to that instead

Yeah, you can also do it by holding ctrl or shift, but my point is more the fact the behavioiur of the site has changed. For three years or so I just click the links in LOC, but now I have to do something else, which I forget to do from habit, and then end up closing down LOC altogether. By default, I would never expect a site to lose its own window when clicking an external link.

Bump :yawn:

Also, is there a way of making the forum launch links in new window/tab automatically. It always used to, now it replaces the current LOC position. I am for ever closing the LOC web page and then having to go back to it again from scratch. Not a biggy, but a pain when you get used to using a site in a particular way and then it changes so drastically.

Agreed :) PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE change it :winky:

I think that's something to do with the board type as another forum I'm on does the same thing (IP.Board 3.0.4 © 2010)can only see that LOC is on 2010 but not what version it is.... though other one does have a 'new posts' button :whistling:

I think that's something to do with the board type as another forum I'm on does the same thing (IP.Board 3.0.4 © 2010)can only see that LOC is on 2010 but not what version it is.... though other one does have a 'new posts' button :whistling:

Yeah, I'd agree with the fact LOC is now on IPB 3 seems to be the reason. I did some searching about regarding the "Posts since last visit" and it appears that Invision omitted the feature on V3 (god only knows why) but put the feature back on a revision and it was configurable from the users settings. Having looked at the settings on here, it doesn't work so maybe LOC is not on the lastest revision of V3.

I think what is more frustrating is the fact that nobody who can fix this has piped up on the thread, even if its to say nothing is going to be done about it. I know everyone is busy, but Steve is about on the board. If he is missing the post because he isn't seeing them within the last 24 hours then that doubly highlights the problem!

Yeah, I'd agree with the fact LOC is now on IPB 3 seems to be the reason. I did some searching about regarding the "Posts since last visit" and it appears that Invision omitted the feature on V3 (god only knows why) but put the feature back on a revision and it was configurable from the users settings. Having looked at the settings on here, it doesn't work so maybe LOC is not on the lastest revision of V3.

I think what is more frustrating is the fact that nobody who can fix this has piped up on the thread, even if its to say nothing is going to be done about it. I know everyone is busy, but Steve is about on the board. If he is missing the post because he isn't seeing them within the last 24 hours then that doubly highlights the problem!

To be honest I (& many others) liked it the way it used to be ... I'm not sure what advantages there are of upgrading it apart from possibly better security.

Good point, I guess if not on every day then the latest posts function makes sure you miss posts unless you go down & click on the 'last week' or 'last month' option ;)

Do you have any info on that on the invision site? We are due to upgrade to the latest version very soon, but we may be able to alter this version, but nightmare trying to find it.

Still looking at it now

Okay fellas

Sorry for the delay on this, hit myself with a hammer.

It is a software issue. We will upgrade soon, awaiting for some bug squashing to be done before this.

I have a solution which i will add to the latest posts button real soon

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=new_posts&search_app=forums

click that link and it will give you the latest posts since last visit. Not 24 hours.

Like i said I will update the latest posts link when i get chance.

hope that helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links