Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

May Have Been Flashed.......

Parthiban

Was on the A406 just past hangar lane last week when an ambulance came up behind me, pulled left to let it past and then pulled back in straight behind it. Straight after I did this we both went through past a speed camera, obviously he was speeding but I wasn't.

However, I'm not sure if I just saw something, but I think I saw a flash in my rear view mirror from the camera, but it was after the ambulance had gone through and I was in the "zone" over the dashed white lines :crybaby:

Am I going to get done for the speeding ambulance if that is the case? Is there anything I should do or should I just ignore it unless something actually comes in the post?

Like anything else legal mate, don't worry about it unless you get the metaphorical knock on the door...

Anyway, these cameras wouldn't be much cop if they always took pictures of the car behind the one that was speeding... Seem to recall Top Gear tried to work out how fast it would need to be to get through without being caught and it turned out you needed to be doing 175mph! Based on that, any picture the camera has taken should be of the speeding vehicle - the ambulance. Both its pics would have been taken before you entered the shot - or the courts are in for a hell of a time...

cheers

Dave

By the way - I'm no lawyer, this is all personal opinion...

Was on the A406 just past hangar lane last week when an ambulance came up behind me, pulled left to let it past and then pulled back in straight behind it. Straight after I did this we both went through past a speed camera, obviously he was speeding but I wasn't.

However, I'm not sure if I just saw something, but I think I saw a flash in my rear view mirror from the camera, but it was after the ambulance had gone through and I was in the "zone" over the dashed white lines :crybaby:

Am I going to get done for the speeding ambulance if that is the case? Is there anything I should do or should I just ignore it unless something actually comes in the post?

I think the camera measures the speed from doppler effect and this is then cross checked against the lines on the road, so you should be OK.

Cheers, guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope nothing comes of it :)

i wouldnt worry about it mate, surely the photo will have the ambulance with flashing lights on, what kind of motorist would speed behind a flashing light ambulance? even if anything comes through just argue your case pal ;)

• 1 month later...

parthibian i hope no news is good news on this subject ? i take it you didnt hear anything ?

Nope haven't heard anything so I'm guessing maybe I did just see another car flash or something.........

You will know (or effectively be in the clear) after 21st April.

Plod has 14 days from the date of the alleged offence to issue a NIP (Notice of prosecution.)

The Ed

Opps - Just re-read your post of April 7th and noticed you said in it 'last week' so just count 14 days from the date you thought you were paparazzi'd - if it's past the 14 days you are probably in the clear.... fingers crossed.

You will know (or effectively be in the clear) after 21st April.

Plod has 14 days from the date of the alleged offence to issue a NIP (Notice of prosecution.)

The Ed

Opps - Just re-read your post of April 7th and noticed you said in it 'last week' so just count 14 days from the date you thought you were paparazzi'd - if it's past the 14 days you are probably in the clear.... fingers crossed.

Good stuff, we're more than a month on now so I guess I'm in the clear :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links