Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1St Gear Thud Sound

hi all

its been a long time since my last post

1st gear thud sound?

well i dont know if it was there before Probability becoz of the music

i noticest that it only happens when its in 1st gear has soon has i lift the clutch

i do know that my clutch&flywheel are on the way out

the sound comes from the rear end

could it be the diff?

thanks in advance guys :)

wahid

any more info would help mate

hi

i think there was something lose in the boot :unsure: i spent all day cleaning it yesterday

well i keep my ears open if it comes back

thanks for your concern mate

wahid

Hi mate, i had the same issue when i had my lexus.

I think i was told it was a common issue with these cars. something to do with the making of the gear box?

I shouldnt worry too much at the moment. i changed my gearbox & diff oil and i found it was alot better

slightly more on topic theres a hub bearing bit available on eBay for £50 which saves having to buy a whole hub from lex - apparently this can cure certain thud issues depending on the fault

Hi mate, i had the same issue when i had my lexus.

I think i was told it was a common issue with these cars. something to do with the making of the gear box?

I shouldnt worry too much at the moment. i changed my gearbox & diff oil and i found it was alot better

slightly more on topic theres a hub bearing bit available on ebay for £50 which saves having to buy a whole hub from lex - apparently this can cure certain thud issues depending on the fault

hi and thanks for replys guys

i'm thinking of getting my clutch&flywheel done next

il see if it comes back

thanks again :)

wahid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links