Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The alarm on my 97 LS400 went off 6 times on G0od Friday whilst parked. I thought it might have been the change to hot weather and air turbulence within the car, especially as there was no problem yesterday when it was cooler. However its cooler still today and has gone off 3 times so far.

Its annoying the neighbours and the dealers are shut until Tuesdays

Anybody had this problem?

Make sure there is no money or keys left in the centre console or anywhere in the car

Some of the later alarms use interior radar sensors which can be triggered by metal objects

[Edited on 31-3-2002 by Chris Shipley]

Steve,

I was warned by my dealer not to leave anything metal especially keys in the centre console. This was because it upset the alarm, could this be an answer?

This was on a GS but I guess the LS could be a similar setup.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
The alarm on my 97 LS400 went off 6 times on G0od Friday whilst parked. I thought it might have been the change to hot weather and air turbulence within the car, especially as there was no problem yesterday when it was cooler. However its cooler still today and has gone off 3 times so far.

Its annoying the neighbours and the dealers are shut until Tuesdays

Anybody had this problem?

We had this problem on our '97 LS400. It was the Battery problem because the car hadn't been driven for 2 months. Can't be sure yours is the same problem but it does seem to have the same symptoms. HTH