Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Break Light Replacement

wavydavy

Hi all

I have just paid a small fortune to have a bulb replaced in the break light in the centre of the rear window of my LS430. I would normally complete this sort of thing myself but claer instructions appear to be hard to find. Could anyone help in providing instruction for next time this bulb requires replacing; I am sure other lexus owners would find this useful. Thanks

Hi all

I have just paid a small fortune to have a bulb replaced in the break light in the centre of the rear window of my LS430. I would normally complete this sort of thing myself but claer instructions appear to be hard to find. Could anyone help in providing instruction for next time this bulb requires replacing; I am sure other lexus owners would find this useful. Thanks

I am pretty sure it is similar to the IS200 lamp but dont quote me :)

I think you need to drop the parcel shelf trim inside the boot to reveal a twist socket but if I am wrong, please let me know as I have not done one.

Hi all

You would have to push the break light to the left and then carefully pull it up.

Hi all

You would have to push the break light to the left and then carefully pull it up.

I did mine last week actually. Kneel on the back seat, looking out of the rear window. I had to give it a thump with my hand towards the left (drivers side) It'll move about 1cm then it just lifts off. Don't be too brutal as you may break the clips, but it does need a bit of force. As for the bulb, well one was £2.50 with £2.00 shipping, and I could buy 10 for £12, free shipping. So I bought 10. So I have 9 left. Where are you and I'll happily pop one in the post for you free. (Inless you're anywhere along the M1 from J14 though to J42 as I travel that stretch regulary)

Hi all

I did mine last week actually. Kneel on the back seat, looking out of the rear window. I had to give it a thump with my hand towards the left (drivers side) It'll move about 1cm then it just lifts off. Don't be too brutal as you may break the clips, but it does need a bit of force. As for the bulb, well one was £2.50 with £2.00 shipping, and I could buy 10 for £12, free shipping. So I bought 10. So I have 9 left. Where are you and I'll happily pop one in the post for you free. (Inless you're anywhere along the M1 from J14 though to J42 as I travel that stretch regulary)

Hi. Anyone know if this fix applies to the LS400 as well?

Hi all

Cool, :) I stand corrected. Always nice to learn something new ;)

Hi all

Hi. Anyone know if this fix applies to the LS400 as well?

No it's different but the link below shows how to

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/upperstoplight.html

Well, i told to myself that since my facelifted brake lamps are LED, it would be great if i replace the stock bulb in the center brake light for LED's and here's the result. In the matter of fact, the new LED's are way brighter and look nicer :) 30k8s2w.jpg

Hi all

Cool, :) I stand corrected. Always nice to learn something new ;)

;)

Thankss everyone for your help and to steve 2006 for the offer of a spare bulb, although at the moment having just replaced it I dont need one. I am going to have a go now at releasing the light unit for when I may need to change the bulb in future. Thanks once again.