Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Remove Under-Seat Dvd Player In Rx400H

Could anyone please point me to instructions on how to remove the DVD player from under the driver's seat on an October 2006 RX400h SE-L?

It is unreliable and I want to investigate replacing it.

I don't want to break anything by mistake!

Thanks, John.

• 1 year later...

Hi John,

I notice you didn't receive a reply to this question and I'm wondering if you found a solution? I too am finding that the DVD player in my RX400h SE is unreliable and I'd like to replace it. I tried one in-car DVD supplier and was told they weren't qualified to supply or fit a new DVD to my make of car.

All the best

Jon

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2005 RX400h SE-L and I will be attempting to remove the DVD player this weekend, just to see if it can be replaced...I'll let you know how I get on.

However, my reason for replacing is a lack of a remote - none was supplied with the car. If either of you two guys wants to flog me a remote since you'll be chopping your players in anyway, I'd be very grateful! ;-)

Tim

Hi Tim. I've almost forgotten the DVD player is there, it's been so long since we used it. However, I'll probably keep it with the car for when (if) I get around to selling it. If you want to get a cheap programmable remote with IR learning, I'm sure someone could lend you a Lexus one to set it up. I work in Slough, if that's any use. John.

• 5 months later...

Hi gents, same car and same problem, the remote is missing... I would be eternally grateful if anyone out their still has one and would meet up so I can get a universal remote to 'learn' from it?

I'm in the Kent area so anyone reading this in the vicinity and feeling helpful please reply.

After hours of trawling i've found a German website selling what i believe are the remotes, but it's a £100 risk, and as I can't really test the quality of the DVD player itself, at that price I'd rather add to it and replace the whole unit!!

• 1 month later...

There is an Android phone app that can be downloaded that acts as a universal infra red remote control. Seems pretty good with most things if you have IR on your smart phone. Called AnyMote by Color Tiger; available on Play Store. Not tried it on the Lexus DVD player but so far it has worked on everything else. Give it a try you never know.

Rich

• 10 months later...

In answer to the original question of removal I took mine out last week and it was really simple.

There are 2 screws either side of the mounting bracket which can simple be undone with a stubby philips.

There are the 3 (red, yellow, white) wires at the back. Mine had been sealed in thin foam which you just need to cut or tear in order to disconnect the wires.

Then it was a simple case of pullung out the power cable.

It went back in just as easily.

COH555

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have headphones colin

Then you have a bit of a problem as that is the only way the audio works, the system isn't connected to the vehicle's audio system. Do you have the four LEDs on the B pillars? Those are the infrared audio outputs that the headphones use.

They shouldn't need to be Lexus ones, but I don't know what frequencies the channels operate at to be able to recommend something. I suspect most of these systems all operate on the same frequencies and given that the original 2005-2006 system seems to be a rebadged Veba unit the following may work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veba-AVHEAD2IR-Infrared-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B004PY9WFQ

The following seem to be the original headphones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Headphones-for-in-car-DVD-/291503814448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43defb3730

• 4 years later...

Hello

My DVD player is not working. I have a Lexus trained mechanic who looks after my car. He tils me the unit is broken. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement,, please?

My car is Lexus RX400h 2006 reg.

Thank you.

PS. I live on  the Wirral