rudders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: John
  • Lexus: RX400h
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Could anyone please point me to instructions on how to remove the DVD player from under the driver's seat on an October 2006 RX400h SE-L?
It is unreliable and I want to investigate replacing it.
I don't want to break anything by mistake!
Thanks, John.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Swyncombe

Swyncombe

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi John,
I notice you didn't receive a reply to this question and I'm wondering if you found a solution? I too am finding that the DVD player in my RX400h SE is unreliable and I'd like to replace it. I tried one in-car DVD supplier and was told they weren't qualified to supply or fit a new DVD to my make of car.
All the best
Jon

#3 rudders

rudders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

If anyone has advice on this, my original question was never answered!

#4 RX400h2005

RX400h2005

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Tim
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2005 RX400h SE-L and I will be attempting to remove the DVD player this weekend, just to see if it can be replaced...I'll let you know how I get on.

However, my reason for replacing is a lack of a remote - none was supplied with the car. If either of you two guys wants to flog me a remote since you'll be chopping your players in anyway, I'd be very grateful! ;-)

Tim

#5 rudders

rudders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hi Tim.  I've almost forgotten the DVD player is there, it's been so long since we used it.  However, I'll probably keep it with the car for when (if) I get around to selling it.  If you want to get a cheap programmable remote with IR learning, I'm sure someone could lend you a Lexus one to set it up.  I work in Slough, if that's any use.  John.

#6 RX400h2005

RX400h2005

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Tim
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

That's a good plan and a kind offer, John. I'm only 5 miles from Slough, so if I find a suitable remote and work out how to private message, I'll take you up on it! Thanks again. Tim

#7 jaymacspurs

jaymacspurs

New Club Member

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: jamie
  • Lexus: 400h SE L
  • Year: 2007

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi gents, same car and same problem, the remote is missing... I would be eternally grateful if anyone out their still has one and would meet up so I can get a universal remote to 'learn' from it?

I'm in the Kent area so anyone reading this in the vicinity and feeling helpful please reply.

After hours of trawling i've found a German website selling what i believe are the remotes, but it's a £100 risk, and as I can't really test the quality of the DVD player itself, at that price I'd rather add to it and replace the whole unit!!

#8 ridway

ridway

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Rich
  • Lexus: RX 400h SE-L

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

There is an Android phone app that can be downloaded that acts as a universal infra red remote control.  Seems pretty good with most things if you have IR on your smart phone. Called AnyMote by Color Tiger; available on Play Store. Not tried it on the Lexus DVD player but so far it has worked on  everything else.  Give it a try you never know.

Rich

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have