Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, after a few months of looking, I finally brought a LS400 at last. I can not express how pleased I am with it!!!

its a 1994 model and all was well until I loaded up the cd changer with 6 - CD-R disks of my favourite cd's(cd-r are copies burnt with a cd writer for the un-initiated - and yes I do have the originals) and the cd stacker will not recognise them. The cd's are not all on the same media, so I assume it will not read backups full stop!

Can anyone advise me on this problem? Can I have a new laser unit fitted, or is there a replacement stacker I can buy that will fit in the same space and use the same connections.

Many thanks and any info will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

ps - I'm also going to drive down to Spain during the summer. Can any one give me any precautions, advice on preparation, tips hints etc. And if anyone else has done this journey, I would be interested in your experience.

moneypit@blueyonder.co.uk

I made copies of my favorite CD's that I burnt by first making an image using Alfcohol 120% and then burnt the copies using the image. I found that my CD player is somewhat sensitive to the brand of CD's that I made. At first, 3 of the 6 wouldn't play and I found that the three that wouldn't play were all one brand. When I made another copy using a different brand (a no name brand), they all worked fine.

Curt

I've never had problems with my CD-R''s in either my old Toyota or my LS400 though by Toyota was a '98 and my Lex '00.

Try someone else's CD-writer.

I am on my second LS400, never had any problem reading CDRs of any make. I presume that you are not using CDRWs, these do not work. As the previous suggestion, try a different recorder. I always use backups in the car, and that includes the nav disk. I like to keep the originals in pristine condition.

• 3 weeks later...

they've got toll booths everywhere on the motorway, so keep some euro change handy!

well around Barcelona they do anyway, cant really say much about the rest of the country. :winky:

the roads surface is as smooth as silk though, it's a great pleasure to drive there! :D

CDR/CDRW's tend to be a biut dodgy with some headunit's as has been stated pop out and buy a few different brands and burn the CD onto one of them as I am sure you'll finda brand that will fit, sometimes it just takes a little hunting around to find the right brand...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links