Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I don’t think they would give you anything on paper when the work has been done, but it would be on the cars computer record, so if you intend to buy one privately, just ring any lexus dealer with the reg no and they should be able to tell you the cars history. Once a manufacture has placed a recall on any thing to do with a particular car or model it doesn’t matter how you have come by the car , dealer or privately any work will be carried out free of charge even if the car it out of warranty.

Now go and buy one, I don’t think you will regret it. :D

Just to confirm both points made above. I bought mine privately rang Lexus as regards any outstanding recall's. Also they have contacted me regards the valve spring recall.

Thanks guys - got my eye on a few just now. Need to strip the charger off my car first sell it and then sell the car before I am in position to shop seriously for 450 but am reassured by your comments.. much appreciated.

My GS450h has been in the garage for two days now. I get it back tomorrow.

They have lent me a brand new RX450h SE-L. At first I wasn't impressed but once I got the seating position etc sorted and managed to get it out of Eco mode I've quite taken to it. Very nice car but then for £53k it should be.

DAB radio, wood trimmed steering wheel, iPod connector with HDD, air suspension. Very pleasant. What's more they seem to have managed to get a gentle V8 sounding burble in the cabin which is different to my GS. How they manage it from a V6 I don't know.

Anyway, it has to go back tomorrow.

Malc

Got my GS450h back today - job done. No difference I've noticed except it was a darned sight cleaner and had about half a tank more fuel than when I dropped it off.

I assume the fuel was the free gift? Back in the day, Toyota gave you a bottle of champagne after a recall as well as fuel but, hey, times are hard.

The RX450h was good but boy am I glad to get the rocket sled back :hehe:

Malc

Been waiting to post so here goes.... Just had my 450h back from the recall and gave the rx back, it was ok but still prefer the gs. 2006 model with 26k and the only difference is the sound of the engine when it goes from and to Battery, it sounds much quieter than before and also it looks like they have done a software update on the car. Good service except for the engine cover clips missing of which i complained and are going to send some in the post.A drop of squirt in the tank and a clean can't really fault the service :D

I've spoken to a few dealers around London as I live centrally and effectively have the pick of 3 for my recall.

Initial GS recalls were taking 3 planned days so they were doing 2 a week. As the technicians have gotten used to the process it appears one dealer is now moving up to processing 3 GS's a week, booking the cars in for 2 days from owners. It still looks like the whole recall won't finish until Q1 2011. I have a provisional booking for next month so hopefully mine will be done then.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's a couple of weeks since the recall work was carried out and I have received a letter from Lexus telling me the work was successful and apologising for the inconvenience. They also hoped my faith in the Lexus brand was not dented.....which it isn't.....and to expect a delivery from Lexus soon!

I wonder what it'll be? I suppose and IS-F is asking a bit much lol!

Malc

So, it's a couple of weeks since the recall work was carried out and I have received a letter from Lexus telling me the work was successful and apologising for the inconvenience. They also hoped my faith in the Lexus brand was not dented.....which it isn't.....and to expect a delivery from Lexus soon!

I wonder what it'll be? I suppose and IS-F is asking a bit much lol!

Malc

The gift from Lexus arrived today.

Two, boxed, gift wrapped bottles of Taittinger 2004 vintage champagne from Fortnum and Masons. Excellent. Estimated cost of the bottles on their own is £55 each then there's the gift wrap etc.

Malc

• 1 month later...

Not been on the L.O.C for a while (my fault) i even had to alter my personal details as i sold my IS250 SE-L and bought a new shape GS450H SE-L. Anyway... Having read the above i am familiar with recalls as this is my 7th Lexus (all different models) but 2 were recalled and i received the usual complimentary valet and a bit of petrol so its nice to see that the gift they refer too is in actual fact a gift. Mine is booked for this Monday (1.11.10) so i look forward in getting in back to see the changes. I have already ordered my CT-200H back in August so can't wait for that to arrive neither.

Glad you are pleased Malc and thanks for the information provided.

My GS450h is being done now so I have a RX450h which seems to be the standard issue loan car (presumably because they can easily sell them on). The RX is a very different beast to the GS, cant say its using much less fuel either. No where near as quick - more like a Prius.